Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Westin
    • By Westin 12th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 1,334Posts
    • 995Thanks
    Westin
    0 WOW
    Paradise Travel - ceases trading
    • 12th May 18, 9:17 AM
    0 WOW
    Paradise Travel - ceases trading 12th May 18 at 9:17 AM
    It would seem that this tour operator which operated holidays predominantly to Turkey ceased trading on 11 May.

The ATOL license was held by the parent company Mert Selik Ltd.

The CAA website has limited information at the moment so those that have booked may need to check back later for updates.

http://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-Failures/Mert-Selim-Ltd/

Those who booked a package holiday with this ATOL protected operator will thankfully have their money protected.
Page 1
    • sjay76
    • By sjay76 15th May 18, 7:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sjay76
    • 15th May 18, 7:41 AM
    • 15th May 18, 7:41 AM
    Hi i booked a holiday with this company. I was due to fly on 2nd of june but never recieved the tickets just my booking confirmation and ATOL certificate for the package holiday. I have had to go and book another holiday and have paid again and am hoping i will get a refund. I paid on credit card for the holiday too but the bank said they cant promise i will get a S75 they are going to try chargeback first and still waiting for ATOL to update the website on how to claim. I am a bit anxious now that i wont get the refind and i will be 800 out of pocket !!!55357;!!!56851;
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 15th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 16,042 Posts
    • 12,098 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 15th May 18, 7:45 AM
    • 15th May 18, 7:45 AM
    It's possible you may be out of pocket.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 15th May 18, 8:24 AM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 995 Thanks
    Westin
    • 15th May 18, 8:24 AM
    • 15th May 18, 8:24 AM
    It's possible you may be out of pocket.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    Why do you say this?

Sjay76 has financial protection from both a payment made on his/her credit card under S75, plus has a fully bonded holiday with ATOL protection. Money will be refunded.

Your bank/credit card provider was a good place to start the claim, especially as it seems the CAA still have not got things together regarding obtaining claim paperwork. As we have seen however from other travel company failures, some cc seem to jump into action much quicker and provide refunds under S75 than others.

If for any reason the S75 claim can not proceed then a clam can be made under the ATOL scheme.

The refund process is not as smooth and organised as it could be but there is no reason to think that a refund of the holiday costs paid to Parade Travel will not be forthcoming.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 15th May 18, 9:28 AM
    • 16,042 Posts
    • 12,098 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 15th May 18, 9:28 AM
    • 15th May 18, 9:28 AM
    Ok my error sorry
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,132Posts Today

6,590Users online

Martin's Twitter