Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • allthe7s
    • By allthe7s 12th May 18, 8:28 AM
    • 82Posts
    • 278Thanks
    allthe7s
    My address not on eligibility calc?
    • 12th May 18, 8:28 AM
    My address not on eligibility calc? 12th May 18 at 8:28 AM
    Ive got some debt on a 22% interest card and was looking at balance transfer cards as I really need to get it on a 0% card asap however when I've put my postcode into the MSE eligibility calculator it only lets me choose house 3 or 7 but I live at number 1!

It's a new build which I'm guessing is where the problem lies but we have started showing up on all other websites over the last few months so no sure why we're not showing as existing. There are other house numbers missing too ie 2 and 5.

Does anyone know how I can get my address added?

Thanks
Page 1
    • maxximus75
    • By maxximus75 12th May 18, 9:34 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    maxximus75
    • 12th May 18, 9:34 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:34 AM
    You will need to contact your local council (Street naming and numbering officer - Property and Facilities Team) and have them register the property. They should send you an email/letter confirming that it is registered.

Once they have done that I think you have to contact Royal Mail to make your new address "live" on their system.

Then it takes a while to filter through. It's not a fast process.

Some of this may already have been started? But it can't help to make inquiries.

I hope the information helps and you get this sorted.
    • allthe7s
    • By allthe7s 12th May 18, 10:07 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 278 Thanks
    allthe7s
    • 12th May 18, 10:07 AM
    • 12th May 18, 10:07 AM
    Thank you for replying, I've already done that and we are now appearing on everything (or so I thought) but not the calculator on here. Odd.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 12th May 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 12th May 18, 11:08 AM
    • 12th May 18, 11:08 AM
    It will take a while for companies to update their copy of the postcode database. Some do this very infrequently (i.e. years) as they have to pay Royal Mail each time if they don't have a subscription.

Complain to MSE.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 12th May 18, 11:54 PM
    • 3,051 Posts
    • 3,972 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 12th May 18, 11:54 PM
    • 12th May 18, 11:54 PM
    If you have a particular card in mind many of them have their own eligibility checker so your correct address may show up on their own website one.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,958Posts Today

6,934Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin