Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 12th May 18, 6:13 AM
    • 3,179Posts
    • 43,967Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Saturday 12th May 2018
    • 12th May 18, 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 12th May 2018 12th May 18 at 6:13 AM
    O/S Daily Sat 12th May 2018

This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining with white wispy clouds in the sky.

DH and myself enjoying first peaceful cuppas - I've just eaten my brekkie, after having a shower and getting dressed as I'm off to work this morning.

Dinner last night was chicken and bacon kievs, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg for the menfolk, I had a stir fry/lentil thing with gyros. Tonight we'll be having gammon ham, scotch egg, hot quiche, salad and either hot new potatoes or jacket potato.

Yesterday I was again quite productive, with jobs being done. I got washing line dried - that's been a load every day this week. I tackled the ironing pile too.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 12-05-2018 at 6:21 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 2
  • archived user
    Had a long conversation with my daughter in SA this evening.... They have plans. The Baby House is on the move again to somewhere bigger. The original plans were to only take on 6 orphaned/abandoned babies but they have 9 in their care (some of them handicapped) and they are short of space. They have been working tirelessly for months now to raise the money needed and it finally looks as though its happening.

Some pictures of the little ones they have in their care...
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/33vujzox4/
    Breaks my heart it does.

Sleep well all.
    • ScarletRibbons
    • By ScarletRibbons 13th May 18, 8:22 AM
    • 327 Posts
    • 4,265 Thanks
    ScarletRibbons
    Judi, I've just popped back to say what lovely photos of the children - I hadn't seen them. I hope they can find bigger premises, what worthwhile work they're doing.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

90Posts Today

1,592Users online

Martin's Twitter