Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pblinder
    • By Pblinder 12th May 18, 5:14 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Pblinder
    Smart Parking Ignoring Whitelist?!
    • 12th May 18, 5:14 AM
    Smart Parking Ignoring Whitelist?! 12th May 18 at 5:14 AM
    Hi all,
    Firstly sorry if this seems stupid Iíve read the newbies thread and need a little help currently arguing with smart parking and the stress is making me lose sleep!
    My boyfriends car is registered on a whitelist in my student accommodation (I know itís really funny that smart park own this, weíre students do they think weíll pay?!) itís got a small car park above and a small one on lower ground owned by smart park. Whitelist was cleared a month before we received the PCN so I went down and reregistered the car with my building manager who has evidence and recollection of me registering the car. Unfortunately when we submitted the first appeal we didnít know about this forum and got a rejection letter. My boyfriends submitted an appeal to POPLA without using the newbie template mainly because we didnít know about it ha. How do we fight the current PCN better on the basis that our car is whitelisted? Weíve received two other charges for the same day and will be using the template to appeal those but any help for the one my boyfriend messed up would be amazing. Iím kind of flabbergasted theyíre even arguing the charge should be upheld considering as even the building manager remembers submitting it for whitelisting! thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Pblinder; 12-05-2018 at 5:35 AM.
Page 1
    • Pblinder
    • By Pblinder 12th May 18, 5:19 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Pblinder
    • 12th May 18, 5:19 AM
    • 12th May 18, 5:19 AM
    Also, sorry if this is posted wrong this is my first time using this and I just followed a new thread link someone posted in the newbies thread. Don!!!8217;t shout at me lmao
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th May 18, 8:53 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th May 18, 8:53 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:53 AM
    For a start Smart Parking will not "own" the car park, you should be holding the building management accountable, it's their scamming contractor and scheme that is causing this they should be sorting it out for you.

I would tell the useless building manager that if this goes to court he will be called as your witness.
    Last edited by fisherjim; 12-05-2018 at 8:55 AM.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th May 18, 9:16 AM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th May 18, 9:16 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:16 AM
    Please start by putting a few paragraphs in your block of text to make it easier to read.

As for appealing, just add a one liner to the NEWBIE template that the vehicle is on a whitelist and therefore the PCN should be cancelled.

Get something in writing to prove the car is whitelisted for future reference.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Pblinder
    • By Pblinder 12th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Pblinder
    • 12th May 18, 9:27 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:27 AM
    Firstly, Iím sleep deprived due to the stress so sorry about paragraphing but Iíve had enough of that after a million uni assignments.
    We appealed with the basis that the car is on the whitelist and they couldnt care less.
    Even though to further prove its on the list I havent reregistered it. We have received no more PCNs since but they are still adamantly insisting they are right.
    The company Iím in accommodation with literally hand you a postit and say Ďhere! Write your reg!í And do it for you.
    The manager is absolutely useless but the assistant manager is helpful and even sheís tried calling them.
    Last edited by Pblinder; 12-05-2018 at 9:51 AM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 12th May 18, 10:17 AM
    • 35,570 Posts
    • 19,786 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 12th May 18, 10:17 AM
    • 12th May 18, 10:17 AM
    Now you have done your popla appeal wait and see if you are successful.

If not #4 in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum covers the next stage and how to deal with debt collectors

Keep on at the accomodation manager to get this cancelled
    • Pblinder
    • By Pblinder 12th May 18, 10:27 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Pblinder
    • 12th May 18, 10:27 AM
    • 12th May 18, 10:27 AM
    Thanks Quentin, I will!
    Iíll let my partner know about the debt collector step.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th May 18, 11:27 AM
    • 12th May 18, 11:27 AM
    The debt collector step is the easy one, ignore the muppets!
    • Pblinder
    • By Pblinder 12th May 18, 11:43 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Pblinder
    • 12th May 18, 11:43 AM
    • 12th May 18, 11:43 AM
    Haha! Thanks! Iím glad other people think theyíre twits too. My partners parents jump to pay fines!
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th May 18, 11:58 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 4,388 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Haha! Thanks! Iím glad other people think theyíre twits too. My partners parents jump to pay fines!
    Originally posted by Pblinder

That word is banned on here, it's an invoice!
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 12th May 18, 12:12 PM
    • 2,606 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    just so you understand a little better re the murky world you have stumbled into ....

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

Ralph
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th May 18, 1:18 AM
    • 57,371 Posts
    • 70,972 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Send a SAR to Smart Parking, asking for all data held about you/the car/the whitelist.

Do that now, no waiting. Search the forum for SAR and you'll find example wording.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,105Posts Today

9,044Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin