Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clownfish87
    • By Clownfish87 12th May 18, 12:19 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Clownfish87
    Should I report neighbour for fraud?
    • 12th May 18, 12:19 AM
    Should I report neighbour for fraud? 12th May 18 at 12:19 AM
    Neighbour is in her mid 30s, and lives with her father. She claims carers allowance for him as he has arthritis and uses a stick. Neighbour in her 30s has anxiety and sometimes gets depression, but goes out on her own and seems fine, always got her hair and make up done.

Neighbour had PIP assessment (which she won) and both her and her father were bragging to me about the assessment, saying that she put on a big performance and could of won an oscar, she said she made herself cry and ran upstairs crying and shouting etc. Neighbour lied on forms and to the assessor and said she cant make herself food as she will walk off and forget about it, but she posts photos on facebook and tells me that shes been making biscuits/cake a roast dinner etc. They also do cash in hand work in a pub.

Despite claiming PIP neighbour is also looking for a part time job, but surely that contradicts her claiming PIP for anxiety and depression?

Should I report her?
Page 3
    • trigger fish
    • By trigger fish 15th May 18, 1:23 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 1,973 Thanks
    trigger fish
    Not really sure why you've asked as it's obvious you want to report her so just do it. Report the cash in hand employer whilst youre at it.
    Originally posted by Darksparkle
    The irony is that rarely gets done.
    • ZvtPby57
    • By ZvtPby57 23rd May 18, 3:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    ZvtPby57
    Maybe the fact your neighbour is bragging in this way is a sign of her illness; she does come across as quite unstable. Some people do cooking as something to keep them stable, and cooking is anyway only one of the PIP descriptors, there are many others. I once had an elderly neighbour who'd never worked, husband kept her till he died, yet she was forever focusing on what she saw as fraudsters, out of envy and discontent. I reckon anyone wanting to report someone needs to talk with a relative or friend first, to look at own motives. Anyway, in the scheme of things, the biggest fraudsters are big multinational companies who don't pay enough tax, or companies in the UK who go bust and run off with workers' pensions after years of lies in accounting.
    • Nullboris
    • By Nullboris 23rd May 18, 4:48 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Nullboris
    The trouble is you sound as if you are transferring concern for your friend with MS not getting her rightful benefits , onto outrage with your neighbours , who you feel are tryng to con the system. Really your concern /outrage should be held for the general state of the Benefits system and the nature of how much benefits have been cut in real terms.

Focus your efforts on your friend in need , and serenity and calmness will come into your life , hopefully .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

29Posts Today

3,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin