Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dozzer
    • By dozzer 11th May 18, 11:33 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 4Thanks
    dozzer
    Postcode a problem?
    • 11th May 18, 11:33 PM
    Postcode a problem? 11th May 18 at 11:33 PM
    Hi,

I have made an offer on an house and am seeing my mortgage lender on Monday morning. I received a letter from my solicitor today stating my offer etc for the property.

The issue I have is on the solicitors letter and the sale ad online and schedule it shows the address and postcode of the property. But the home survey shows a different postcode (from a few searches online the house number appears to have the same postcode as the survey not the letter from the solicitor and I believe the one one on the survey to be correct).

I think the street which is a mix of older less expensive homes have one postcode and the newer homes added on have another but the street name is the same.

Should I speak to my solicitor on the phone before I go in on Monday or should I go with the postcode provided by the sellers estate agent and the solicitors letter on my mortgage application?

Thanks again
Page 1
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 33,381 Posts
    • 18,068 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 12th May 18, 7:57 AM
    Type the address in here;-

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

A property has no other address/postcode. This is the only 100% correct version.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • dozzer
    • By dozzer 12th May 18, 8:57 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dozzer
    • 12th May 18, 8:57 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:57 AM
    Type the address in here;-

https://www.royalmail.com/find-a-postcode

A property has no other address/postcode. This is the only 100% correct version.
    Originally posted by kingstreet
    Thanks, this shows the postcode from the survey not the solicitors letter. Should I have this postcode put on my mortgage application?
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 12th May 18, 9:22 AM
    • 33,381 Posts
    • 18,068 Thanks
    kingstreet
    • 12th May 18, 9:22 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:22 AM
    Yes. All parties, lender, surveyor, solicitor should all be using the correct official PAF address.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

441Posts Today

5,573Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin