Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JSP1994
    • By JSP1994 11th May 18, 9:28 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JSP1994
    PCM UK Ltd
    • 11th May 18, 9:28 PM
    PCM UK Ltd 11th May 18 at 9:28 PM
    Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a PCN received from PCM UK Ltd.

I purchased a property 12 months ago and had an allocated parking space, at the time of purchase there was no mention of parking regulations.

12 months on our management company have employs PCM who have given me a PCN for not displaying a valid permit in my allocated space.

When I moved in there was no restrictions, no permit schemes etc.

Today I asked for a copy of my lease which the management company refused, however my solicitor gladly obliged and clearly indicated my allocated parking space.

In my lease it states that no unauthorised vehicle should park in my space, being my vehicle that has received the PCN it is therefore an authorised vehicle.

Nowhere in my lease does it mention parking regulations or the need for a permit as there was no restrictions when we moved in.

The management company have said that there is a clause in my lease which states that they can impose regulations as they see fit for the purpose of estate management and claim that my allocated space is management land however my lease says otherwise.

PCM are claiming I have breached contract by not displaying a valid permit for parking in my own allocated space.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 12th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 3,346 Posts
    • 2,297 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 12th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 12th May 18, 9:55 AM
    Check out the Newbie threads, one click back two posts down. Search the forum for "ticketed in own space" and read what others have done - successfully.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th May 18, 1:09 AM
    • 63,839 Posts
    • 76,487 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th May 18, 1:09 AM
    • 13th May 18, 1:09 AM
    With PCM, the NEWBIES thread does say trying a strong IAS appeal with evidence, is an option.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,528Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin