Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rev_EB
    • By Rev_EB 11th May 18, 8:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Rev_EB
    PCN NTK from Vehicle Control Services
    • 11th May 18, 8:59 PM
    PCN NTK from Vehicle Control Services 11th May 18 at 8:59 PM
    Sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered elsewhere, but I need a quick opinion on what to do regarding a PCN received by a member of my family today from VCS, as I'm just about to go on holiday for a fortnight and haven't really got time to research all the threads before I go.

It was issued for a parking session in Birmingham and the reason given is that the car was "parked without payment of the parking tariff". Although it's nearly a month ago now, and the driver doesn't still have the parking ticket, they are SURE they did pay. But if not, do VCS have the means to prove it? And should the keeper of the vehicle (who wasn't the driver) just ignore the PCN, as most people on the forum seem to recommend?
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 7,192 Posts
    • 6,671 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:02 PM
    And should the keeper of the vehicle (who wasn't the driver) just ignore the PCN, as most people on the forum seem to recommend?
    Originally posted by Rev_EB
    No, most people don't say that.

The keeper needs to send the blue text appeal from post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. Send it unchanged. No alterations or additions necessary.

That's it.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 9:20 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 9:20 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:20 PM
    haven't really got time to research all the threads before I go.
    Just read the NEWBIES sticky thread, then.

And should the keeper of the vehicle (who wasn't the driver) just ignore the PCN, as most people on the forum seem to recommend?
    Don't tell us, you Googled it and read 2012/13 posts...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rev_EB
    • By Rev_EB 11th May 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rev_EB
    • 11th May 18, 9:33 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:33 PM
    Thanks for helpful replies.

One query about the suggested wording of the text appeal. How do I know that "Your signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge ...." if the driver didn't and can't easily check it?! And will it weaken the appeal if the keeper leaves that sentence out?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 9:46 PM
    • 7,192 Posts
    • 6,671 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th May 18, 9:46 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:46 PM
    You've had my opinion.

You can of course choose to make any alterations you wish.

Not sure there are any PPC signs that meet that criteria.

If the driver didn't notice, was that because the signs were not prominent enough?

I hope you're not expecting to win this appeal.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-05-2018 at 9:48 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 9:47 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:47 PM
    No PPC signs are clear, it's a typical scam they use.

You can't weaken an appeal to an IPC firm, and you'd know that from other threads.

There is no appeal that cancels it so get used to it, you are in for the long haul.

Read other threads first, to understand why you are sending this, which will NOT get it cancelled.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,446Posts Today

7,964Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin