Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GazMoz
    • By GazMoz 11th May 18, 7:57 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 1Thanks
    GazMoz
    3 Year Activity History Background Check
    • 11th May 18, 7:57 PM
    3 Year Activity History Background Check 11th May 18 at 7:57 PM
    answered elsewhere
    Last edited by GazMoz; 12-05-2018 at 1:34 PM. Reason: answered elsewhere
Page 1
    • Gavin83
    • By Gavin83 12th May 18, 12:22 AM
    • 5,117 Posts
    • 8,323 Thanks
    Gavin83
    • 12th May 18, 12:22 AM
    • 12th May 18, 12:22 AM
    Does anyone know if the screening company will still require proof of my degree?
    Originally posted by GazMoz
    I very much expect they'll ask for proof of qualifications you've said you have.

I have to ask why are you so concerned? Have you lied on your application form?
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 12th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 1,874 Posts
    • 2,730 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 12th May 18, 1:46 PM
    • 12th May 18, 1:46 PM
    Original post:

I have just been offered a conditional job offer, for which I have to complete a background check. Part of the screening involves a 3 year activity history check. I have completed the screening and sent the application back to them. I graduated from Uni in 2014 (so four years ago), this is on my CV but I did not put it in my 3 year activity history as it was not during the period they asked for. Does anyone know if the screening company will still require proof of my degree? Will they contact the University directly without notifying me, or will I be asked to provide a referee (as I have one tutor who I would like to notify in advance)?
    I very much expect they'll ask for proof of qualifications you've said you have.

I have to ask why are you so concerned? Have you lied on your application form?
    Originally posted by Gavin83
    The OP's post history gives reason to think that's the case.
    Last edited by shortcrust; 12-05-2018 at 2:48 PM.
    • Soot2006
    • By Soot2006 12th May 18, 6:02 PM
    • 1,252 Posts
    • 1,264 Thanks
    Soot2006
    • 12th May 18, 6:02 PM
    • 12th May 18, 6:02 PM
    We use "HEDD" as a routine for all degree and certificate checks on new employees: https://hedd.ac.uk/

We don't look at the paper these things are written on, we are only interested in authenticating the data i.e. degree awarding body, degree results, etc ...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,475Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin