Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jenjen88
    • By jenjen88 11th May 18, 6:27 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    jenjen88
    mortgage condition - insurance
    • 11th May 18, 6:27 PM
    mortgage condition - insurance 11th May 18 at 6:27 PM
    I am currently in the process of buying my first house.

One of the conditions on my mortgage is that my buildings insurer sees my valuation report (slight risk of flooding, within 250 of water) and gives me a letter stating they have seen my valuation report.

Has any one else has this issue?

Thanks
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 11th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 46,175 Posts
    • 55,896 Thanks
    G_M
    • 11th May 18, 9:26 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:26 PM
    Seems reasonable.

The mortgage lender wants to be 100% certain that the insurance you put in place will be valid eg that if there's a flood, the insurer won't refuse to pay out on the grounds that you knowingly with held flood-risk information from them.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    • 17,961 Posts
    • 9,752 Thanks
    ACG
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    • 11th May 18, 10:10 PM
    Who is the lender?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,287Posts Today

8,239Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin