Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DD265
    • By DD265 11th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 1,306Posts
    • 3,208Thanks
    DD265
    Online purchase - made to order - refund?
    • 11th May 18, 5:54 PM
    Online purchase - made to order - refund? 11th May 18 at 5:54 PM
    Before I go ahead and place an order, I wanted to confirm my understanding of the consumer contract regulations.

If an item is made to order but to a standard specification, i.e. not customised in any way, you have 14 days to cancel and return for a full refund, correct?

The website pushes for either 100% as store credit or only 50% cash refund. Assuming I can't find a similar item elsewhere, I'd pay by PayPal for added protection, but I don't want to get into an argument I'm not confident of winning.

TIA
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 11th May 18, 5:59 PM
    • 3,805 Posts
    • 6,579 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 11th May 18, 5:59 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:59 PM
    It depends on the country of the seller, you are correct if it is a U.K. seller however other countries will have different laws and any purchase would be bound by them.
    • bris
    • By bris 11th May 18, 6:13 PM
    • 7,582 Posts
    • 6,600 Thanks
    bris
    • 11th May 18, 6:13 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:13 PM
    You do realise however by going ahead you are only making it hard for yourself if you want to return it?
    These places are best avoided, especially when you know in advance what they are going to do, why put yourself through that hassle.
    • dj1471
    • By dj1471 11th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 798 Thanks
    dj1471
    • 11th May 18, 7:11 PM
    • 11th May 18, 7:11 PM
    PayPal doesn't add protection, far from it. Pay the retailer directly using a credit card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

1,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin