Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • harrypell
    • By harrypell 11th May 18, 5:49 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    harrypell
    Last Min Viewing before Exchange
    • 11th May 18, 5:49 PM
    Last Min Viewing before Exchange 11th May 18 at 5:49 PM
    I accepted an offer on my flat back in January, we are finally moving to exchange which will hopefully be next week with completion one week later.

I had a call from my estate agent today saying my buyers want to view the property again before exchange. This has got me really worried that they are getting jittery, they are buying my flat to rent out. Is this normal to do a last min viewing before exchange?

This is the first time I have sold and I am not buying as I inherited property thus the sale of my flat as I dont want to rent it out. Please can you put my mind at ease.
Page 1
    • JayZed
    • By JayZed 11th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    JayZed
    • 11th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:51 PM
    Most likely that they just want to come and start measuring up for furniture, carpets etc. Did your EA describe it as a "viewing" or as a visit?
    • harrypell
    • By harrypell 11th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harrypell
    • 11th May 18, 5:54 PM
    He described it as a viewing, they are buying it to rent and the flat is in top condition, so I can't imagine they want to measure for carpets and furniture, possibly my mind is racing away a bit...
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 11th May 18, 5:54 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 952 Thanks
    need an answer
    Absolutely.

Possibly even more so if the purchasers are looking at it as a BTL investment,they may want to measure up for curtains,possibly white goods even carpets.

When you buy as a LL then the quicker you can arrange for some of these things to arrive after completion the lesser the void period is for getting a tenant instu.

Don't worry all perfectly normal to view don't forget whilst you live there daily they probably haven't seen inside since they viewed in January,thats quite a while so only fsir they just want to see it in the flesh again.
    Last edited by need an answer; 11-05-2018 at 6:00 PM.
    in S 34 T 40 F 48
    out S 50 T 43 F 50
    2017 -32
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 11th May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 4,572 Posts
    • 6,591 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    • 11th May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:57 PM
    We always do this. It is to make sure that you are buying what you remember you saw and that something like a ceiling hasn't come down.
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 11th May 18, 6:00 PM
    • 783 Posts
    • 1,204 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 11th May 18, 6:00 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:00 PM
    Perfectly normal. In fact it's advisable to do so in case the property has changed in any way since the last viewing - once exchanged you are committed to the purchase no matter what.
    • harrypell
    • By harrypell 11th May 18, 6:12 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    harrypell
    • 11th May 18, 6:12 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:12 PM
    Thanks for the reassurance, hopefully they wont mind the boxes everywhere as I have made a start packing the none essentials
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,886Posts Today

7,808Users online

Martin's Twitter