Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lottiex
    • By lottiex 11th May 18, 5:45 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lottiex
    What happens next?any advice appreciated
    • 11th May 18, 5:45 PM
    What happens next?any advice appreciated 11th May 18 at 5:45 PM
    Hi there,
    I was contacted by Robinson say debt collectors last year saying I owe them 2409 for a barclaycard debt! This is not my debt but strangely I did have a barclaycard debt with them many years ago which I was paying 15 a month until I reached about 500 left.i then moved and got very sick and to cut a long story short life piled on top of me and I never paid anymore.
    The debt that they are saying I owe is a completely different account, a different card number and reference number to my old debt with them as I still have correspondence.
    I contacted national debt advice and they said I could've been a victim of fraud and to log it with the police which is what I did.i then sent them the template letter asking for s copy of the credit agreement which must be produced within 12 working days as I need to know what's going on! They wrote to me saying they would put the account on hold and would contact whoever about getting a copy of it.it has now been well over that time limit and I haven't heard anything so I was wondering what happens now?any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 12,444 Posts
    • 9,492 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 11th May 18, 6:10 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:10 PM
    Either nothing, or they send you a copy of the agreement, which may be a reconstituted copy without a signature.

For future reference if someone contacts you about a debt you do not recognise, send a prove-it not a cca request. This thread explains:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2607247
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 13th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 14,553 Posts
    • 13,703 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 13th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 13th May 18, 5:27 PM
    .I then sent them the template letter asking for a copy of the credit agreement which must be produced within 12 working days as I need to know what's going on
    Originally posted by lottiex
    Hi,

The 12 plus 2 days, are just guidelines, they are not set in stone.

It will take about a month for them to get back to you, as they must request the paperwork from the original creditor, the problem you may have is that this may not be your debt.
    If the same thing happens again, take the advice above.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,145Posts Today

9,025Users online

Martin's Twitter