Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 5:42 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    cufc01
    UKPC - Stevenage Leisure Centre - Reply to standard template
    • 11th May 18, 5:42 PM
    UKPC - Stevenage Leisure Centre - Reply to standard template 11th May 18 at 5:42 PM
    Hi All

I hope somebody can help and advise me what to do next.

Got ticketed at this notorious place. Ticket on the screen. Waited 26 days before sending them the standard template letter via their online appeal page.

Received this reply today. What do you think would be my best course of action?

I can't post an image link as this board won't allow me to!!!!!.

Basically UKPC are asking me to confirm who the driver was within 14 days of this letter. I didn't think they could do that?

I can email the reply to anyone who may wish to see it and advise me?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 9,197 Posts
    • 9,370 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th May 18, 5:47 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:47 PM
    Upload your image to an image hosting website like Tinypic, there are many others, then post the link here. You cannot post a live link but breaking it by changing http to hxxp is usually good enough.

It is a pity that you appealed based on a windscreen ticket as UKPC are currently banned from getting keeper data from the DVLA. The only way to get that info is if the keeper tells them. Never mind, you're still in a good position.
    Last edited by KeithP; 11-05-2018 at 5:50 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th May 18, 5:55 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 5,485 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th May 18, 5:55 PM
    • 11th May 18, 5:55 PM
    If this is the letter I think it is then it's a fishing trip. You can ignore it.
    This space for hire.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 8,424 Posts
    • 11,082 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 11th May 18, 6:05 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:05 PM
    Hi All

I hope somebody can help and advise me what to do next.

Got ticketed at this notorious place. Ticket on the screen. Waited 26 days before sending them the standard template letter via their online appeal page.

Received this reply today. What do you think would be my best course of action?

I can't post an image link as this board won't allow me to!!!!!.

Basically UKPC are asking me to confirm who the driver was within 14 days of this letter. I didn't think they could do that?

I can email the reply to anyone who may wish to see it and advise me?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by cufc01
    That UKPC letter is now famous as being a complete
    load of rubbish to ignore.

They have the reg keepers address from the DVLA and it's
    none their business who the driver was .... it's a trap ???

Wait for a POPLA appeal code and if they forget that, you can
    complain to the BPA.

You do know that UKPC was banned by the DVLA on
    22/03/2018 so right now, they cannot get any information.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/

That does not help you but under no circumstances do
    you give UKPC information of the driver

Wait for the POPLA code
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 6:52 PM
    • 61,458 Posts
    • 74,332 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 6:52 PM
    • 11th May 18, 6:52 PM
    This is standard on all UKPC threads, not a letter that needs consideration.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 7:21 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    • 11th May 18, 7:21 PM
    Try to post link
    • 11th May 18, 7:21 PM
    HI ALL

Thanks for all the replies thus far. I've tried to re-post image link below, change hxxp to http to see the letter I received.

So, I just ignore this letter, despite their 14 Day warning?

Can/should I respond to confirm that I will not be confirming the driver details and that the offence did not occur, and to demand a popla code?

[IMG]hxxp://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee480/rayhertford/ukpc%20reply%20edited.jpg[/IMG]
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 37,252 Posts
    • 21,407 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 11th May 18, 7:27 PM
    You can if you want

But why ask for advice if you want to plough your own furrow?
    • cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 7:30 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    • 11th May 18, 7:30 PM
    • 11th May 18, 7:30 PM
    Thanks, no I'm not sure what to do. I've never had a ticket before, so I'm new to all of this. If you suggest I do nothing and wait for a code then that's what I will do. But is that what I should do?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 11th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 5,485 Thanks
    waamo
    • 11th May 18, 7:43 PM
    • 11th May 18, 7:43 PM
    What you should do is read the thread at the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first.

Read that and ignore the letter.
    This space for hire.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 8:30 PM
    • 9,197 Posts
    • 9,370 Thanks
    KeithP
    Ignore that letter and wait patiently for your PoPLA code.

What was the date of the alleged parking incident?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 8:33 PM
    • 61,458 Posts
    • 74,332 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    When we've already said what to do, why do people repeat it back with a question mark at the end and want more people to reply?

This thread is not needed. Everyone gets this daft email or letter from UKPC, everyone ignores it, and you'd know that fro reading other UKPC threads.

no I'm not sure what to do.
    Yes you do, we told you clearly, already.

Have you read no other UKPC threads, are you even aware they have been banned by the DVLA, and will not be able to send you a NTK at all, and so you will win at POPLA?

If not, can I suggest you search the forum for UKPC, it will help you see that ignoring this tedious letter is normal, and about the DVLA ban talked about on more than one thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 8:37 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 9:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    But they already have my address as its a condition of posting when i had to put it in the online form, when sending the appeal on day 26. About two days later I heard of their DVLA ban. Hence my concerns.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 9:51 PM
    • 61,458 Posts
    • 74,332 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Even if they mocked up a NTK using the data you gave them, it can't be issued under the POFA, you will know why when you read Schedule 4 (the bit about the Secretary of State).

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 9:54 PM
    • 9,197 Posts
    • 9,370 Thanks
    KeithP
    What was the date of the alleged parking incident?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    And the answer is...
    • cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 10:05 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    ..... sorry KeithP the date was 4/4/18
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 10:12 PM
    • 9,197 Posts
    • 9,370 Thanks
    KeithP
    So because there was a windscreen ticket, UKPC are not allowed to get keeper details from the DVLA until 28 days after the event.
    By that time they had already been banned by the DVLA.

As C-M (almost) said, without DVLA access any NtK is not capable under PoFA of transferring liability from the driver to the keeper.

So as long as no-one tells UKPC who the driver is, no-one can be expected to pay their speculative invoice.

That won't stop them trying though. Keep your wits about you.
    • cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 10:33 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    Thanks Keith.

At no stage has a driver ever been named and in my standard template letter, I stated that I wouldn't ever be doing so.

But when making the appeal online, you have to state who the keeper is and give your address.

So do they still have to go via DVLA (to which I now know they have no access to), to issue the NTK, even though they have that information?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th May 18, 10:42 PM
    • 37,252 Posts
    • 21,407 Thanks
    Quentin
    See #13! .
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 10:43 PM
    • 9,197 Posts
    • 9,370 Thanks
    KeithP
    So do they still have to go via DVLA (to which I now know they have no access to), to issue the NTK, even though they have that information?
    Originally posted by cufc01
    My understanding is, and C-M stated it too, unless they get the keeper's name and address from the DVLA, then any NtK issued is not capable transferring liability to the keeper.

That's now twice I've said that.

Please read Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act for further detail. There's a link to it in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • cufc01
    • By cufc01 11th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cufc01
    Thank you for explaining it so clearly.

Sorry for asking questions, 'tis all a bit of a worry, but not so much now. How long do they have to issue their NTK? Is it upto 56 days from the date of the original PC?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

166Posts Today

1,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin