Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ruthbd
    • By ruthbd 11th May 18, 1:48 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ruthbd
    Green Star Energy thinks I swapped supplier
    • 11th May 18, 1:48 PM
    Green Star Energy thinks I swapped supplier 11th May 18 at 1:48 PM
    Can anyone help
    I recently contacted Green Star Energy as I hadnít received a bill from them since September and was worried that I would receive a very large one. I was horrified to be told that I had swapped supplier in February, I actually hadnít as my contracts ended in May and I would have incurred a £60 exit fee if I left early.
    Green Star Energy suggested that I rang to find out my current supplier using my MPAN number, I rang the number they gave me and guess what I got an automated message that said my current supplier was Hudson Energy who own Green Star Energy.
    I really donít know what to do know as I seem to be getting free energy but am terrified of getting an enormous bill.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please!
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th May 18, 2:01 PM
    • 6,054 Posts
    • 3,731 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 11th May 18, 2:01 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:01 PM
    Can anyone help
    I recently contacted Green Star Energy as I hadnít received a bill from them since September and was worried that I would receive a very large one. I was horrified to be told that I had swapped supplier in February, I actually hadnít as my contracts ended in May and I would have incurred a £60 exit fee if I left early.
    Green Star Energy suggested that I rang to find out my current supplier using my MPAN number, I rang the number they gave me and guess what I got an automated message that said my current supplier was Hudson Energy who own Green Star Energy.
    I really donít know what to do know as I seem to be getting free energy but am terrified of getting an enormous bill.
    Does anyone have any suggestions please!
    Originally posted by ruthbd
    As you are within the 49/42 day window, you have two options. One, raise a formal complaint in writing against Green Star Energy pointing out their error asking for correct billing with a small amount of compensation for poor customer service. Option 2 is just switch away to a new supplier. In both cases, you can expect to pay for all the energy that has been consumed at the agreed tariff rate. Sadly, not getting a bill does not equate to free energy. Suppliers now have to apply The Back Billing Code provided you have made an attempt to get a bill. That said, even if the Code was applied to your account today, the only energy write off would be for energy consumed prior to May 2017. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.
    • ruthbd
    • By ruthbd 11th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ruthbd
    • 11th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 11th May 18, 4:38 PM
    Thanks for the advice, I still have a big problem as I have a smart meter which Green Star Energy cannot use to get readings, I asked Green Star if they could tell me how to obtain a reading from a smart meter and the man I spoke to said he was unable to tell me how to access this facility.
    If anyone knows how to access this function I!!!8217;d really be grateful as I would be able to give them a precise reading.
    I am just concerned that Green Star are saying I do not have an account with them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

781Posts Today

6,552Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Baldsaint: @MartinSLewis We were on a cruise to the West Indies and America (sun, sun, sun and even more sun) when the beast from the e?

• RT @MikeHoxard: @MartinSLewis I always want some rain at home when I am away so may garden is okay when get back ... so is that gardenfraud?

• This is a technical article, but it's a good primer to help understand why a change to accounting practice being di? https://t.co/vKOa8Zm3OI

• Follow Martin