Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • westv
    • By westv 11th May 18, 1:44 PM
    • 4,646Posts
    • 2,238Thanks
    westv
    Is this a Mobility Clause?
    • 11th May 18, 1:44 PM
    Is this a Mobility Clause? 11th May 18 at 1:44 PM
    From my current contract

"Your normal place of work will be at the Company's premises from time to time, presently located at .........
    You may be required to work at any other location, either in the United Kingdom or abroad (including but not limited to, visiting clients' premises or the premises of third parties) as may be reasonably required by the company and/or for the proper performance and exercise of your duties."
Page 2
    • nicechap
    • By nicechap 12th May 18, 12:56 PM
    • 1,441 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    nicechap
    It;s some 20+ years ago but the last head office move I was involved in, we had a cut off of 50 mins excess travelling time (paid for up to 3 years - those were the days!) to be considered for redundancy. So if, say office was in central London and you commuted in from Canterbury but the move was to Milton Keynes, that would be just about considered, but if you lived in Islington you wouldn t be. If you already lived in or around Milton Keynes you were quids in.

If you decided not to move, the starting position was your contractual notice, not voluntary redundancy on enhanced terms.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    • By ScorpiondeRooftrouser 12th May 18, 1:27 PM
    • 2,640 Posts
    • 4,183 Thanks
    ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    I've been there around 5 1/2 years.
    Originally posted by westv
    You're looking at about £2500-3500 then. I don't know if this is a significant sum to you. Given that I imagine you are on a decent salary if you are travelling into London and staying there Monday-Friday and the issues that make your case far from a nailed on certainty (I'd tend towards you losing it, to be honest, though I am no expert), is it worth worrying about? I'd concentrate efforts on finding another job and do do the (paid for) travelling for a couple of weeks if I had to.

If you had a rock solid case it might be different.

Your other option is simply to call their bluff, refuse to move and see if they let you work out of the current office. But you have to be prepared for dismissal in that case. I don't have anything like the knowledge of your circumstances to know whether that has any chance of working.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter