Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 1:33 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Livinglife
    PCN advice
    • 11th May 18, 1:33 PM
    PCN advice 11th May 18 at 1:33 PM
    Hi

Am I right in thinking that a parking charge notice can be paid at any time right up until a court date is issued?
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 1:41 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,717 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 11th May 18, 1:41 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:41 PM
    Even later than that. right up to the minutes before entering the courtroom.
    But it will not be the amount on the original PCN.

But why would you want to do that?

Do you have a private parking issue that you would like help with?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 1:50 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:50 PM
    Why would you think of paying one?! Honestly, what's the issue that makes payment a thought?

PPC court papers are no big deal and we see people report wins 99% of the time here.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 2:14 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    • 11th May 18, 2:14 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:14 PM
    The thing is, the PCN was sent to my husband (keeper) while he was away working in the army. I open his post while away. I called the parking company to let them know my husbands situation, away for a couple of months and won!!!8217;t be able to deal with this at the moment. They told me there was nothing they could do to put it on hold etc, so I felt pressured into dealing with it in his absence to avoid any threatening debt collectors letters etc making the time away from him harder.

I sent appeal in, but mistakenly put the wrong PCN by one number, I re sent the appeal not knowing my mistake. One month later I receive a letter saying the number was not recognised please send it again with correct one. So I did. Another month goes by and they send a letter saying they can!!!8217;t deal with appeal as there are no grounds for appeal. My original letter has these, and in their letters asking for correct PCN they never stated they needed grounds of appeal re sent. Now we are a few months down the line they are saying they won!!!8217;t deal with appeal as it!!!8217;s out of appeals window. In the meantime we have received 3 letters from DRP, two asking for 160. But the last letter from the parking company (UKCPM) said any further action would see the figure of 100 rise to 149.

I have complained to UKCPM, and am in the middle of a complaint to IPC waiting for their response. I have sent a cheque for 60 to ukcpm as I believe that if they had of dealt with appeal properly in first place even if it had been rejected that!!!8217;s the price it would have been. It was appealed on the grounds of signage, but since the PCN was received I have seen the signs etc so don!!!8217;t feel it was a strong appeal.

In the original appeal, I stupidly admitted who the driver was so I cannot rely on that. (I hadn!!!8217;t visited this site at that point)

So I!!!8217;m at the point where I just want it to be over with to be honest :-/
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:22 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 2:22 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:22 PM
    I have complained to UKCPM, and am in the middle of a complaint to IPC waiting for their response.
    Don't hold your breath, the IPC are worse than the parking firms, IMHO. You will received platitudes and drivel telling you to pay because their member did nothing wrong.
    I have sent a cheque for 60 to ukcpm
    Oh dear. Hope they return it. That doesn't stop them.

Who was the driver then, you? It doesn't matter that the driver was identified, TBH.

What car park, what circumstances? Residential car park where you live?

Did you know we see people report a win in 99% of defended claims as I said earlier, e.g. only two posters lost at a hearing last year, and guess what happened to them? Nothing, no CCJ, no huge costs, they just paid between 150 - 200, nothing different than the rubbish demands now.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-05-2018 at 3:14 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 2:34 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    • 11th May 18, 2:34 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:34 PM
    My husband was the driver.

The PCN was for !!!8216;no parking on access roads/ways!!!8217; the car was parked on a road just outside of farnborough business park.

I feel as I have been dealing with it thus far due to my husbands absence with the army, should it go to court, and he have to defend himself he wouldn!!!8217;t struggle as I know the ins and outs of what!!!8217;s gone on
    • Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    • 11th May 18, 2:36 PM
    The car park of the business park was full and so the car was parked just outside on said road. There were no lines on the ground, but there are signs saying private property !!!8216;no parking on roadways!!!8217;
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:36 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,074 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You need to turn off Smart Punctuation.

• Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 3:47 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    • 11th May 18, 3:47 PM
    • 11th May 18, 3:47 PM
    How do I do that please? I am new to this website
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 11th May 18, 3:50 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,717 Thanks
    KeithP
    How do I do that please? I am new to this website
    Originally posted by Livinglife
    It's a feature of your iphone/ipad.

How to use your iphone/ipad is really outside the scope of this forum.

This post may help you:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=74269085&postcount=11
    • Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 11th May 18, 4:42 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    Thank you, done
    • Livinglife
    • By Livinglife 13th May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Livinglife
    Any advice other than to wait for a LBC letter?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 13th May 18, 8:01 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,717 Thanks
    KeithP
    No, there is nothing else to be done.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

452Posts Today

5,531Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin