Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • David Reilly
    • By David Reilly 11th May 18, 1:26 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 3Thanks
    David Reilly
    Universal Credit The Minimum Income Floor Advice
    • 11th May 18, 1:26 PM
    Universal Credit The Minimum Income Floor Advice 11th May 18 at 1:26 PM
    Hello, everyone, I could do with some advice. I have been self-employed for over 12 months and the Minimum Income Floor has been applied. I have been receiving 0 from then on. I do still phone the Universal Credit number every month declaring my self-earrings.

Has anyone else been in this situation? I would be grateful for any advice. If there is any.

Thanks for reading
Page 1
    • David Reilly
    • By David Reilly 11th May 18, 2:29 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    David Reilly
    • 11th May 18, 2:29 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:29 PM
    If your business is still not making enough to pay a live g wage after 12 months perhaps you should think about doing something eked?
    Originally posted by _shel
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I may need to look into it in a month or two.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 11th May 18, 11:43 PM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 1,422 Thanks
    huckster
    • 11th May 18, 11:43 PM
    • 11th May 18, 11:43 PM
    Universal credit may close your claim due to nil earnings, as it is currently pointless. They assume monthly net income of about 1100 (MIF) and you are earning less than that.

Suggest you book a self employment review with the Job Centre, as there may be help available.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,522Posts Today

8,477Users online

Martin's Twitter