Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • westonsorganic
    • By westonsorganic 11th May 18, 1:02 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    westonsorganic
    Charged for a product online
    • 11th May 18, 1:02 PM
    Charged for a product online 11th May 18 at 1:02 PM
    I recently ordered a product from this company online: Grainger & Jameson (can't include a link as I'm new).

A couple of weeks have gone by now, I have been charged for the product, however I realised not only has my product not shown up I never received a purchase confirmation email from them.

I've attempted to contact them both on email and the phone and had no response.

I now want to make a complaint to the Office for Unfair Trading so went to their website only to discover that it has been shut down!!!!!

This is appaling in my view, what is someone to do in a situation like this and who else is sticking up for consumer rights?

I'd be very grateful and appreciative of any advice any of you have as to what I can do now, either to get my money back or the original product that I ordered.

Thanks so much
Page 1
    • Fosterdog
    • By Fosterdog 11th May 18, 1:05 PM
    • 4,048 Posts
    • 6,991 Thanks
    Fosterdog
    • 11th May 18, 1:05 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:05 PM
    How did you pay?
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 11th May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 8,836 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 11th May 18, 1:06 PM
    Is this the website? https://graingerandjameson.com/
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• ceh209
    • By ceh209 11th May 18, 1:06 PM
    • 774 Posts
    • 510 Thanks
    ceh209
    Doesn't look shut down to me?

https://graingerandjameson.com/

Also, is this what you orderexd?
    https://graingerandjameson.com/pages/seagrass-belly-basket-delay

In case you can't get to that page, it says:
    "If you are awaiting an order of our Seagrass Belly Baskets you will be aware that we have experienced a delay due to circumstances beyond our control, this delay has been ongoing for around 6 weeks.

We are happy to confirm we have finally received them and now able to dispatch, you should be receiving them between 11th - 16th May."
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 11th May 18, 1:07 PM
    • 2,443 Posts
    • 8,836 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 11th May 18, 1:07 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:07 PM
    Also have you ordered a Seagrass Belly Basket?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• elsien
    • By elsien 11th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 17,558 Posts
    • 44,392 Thanks
    elsien
    • 11th May 18, 1:11 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:11 PM
    If it's the eco shop, the Facebook page has gone but the website still seems to be up and running. Companies house show them as active, at the moment. Have you tried phoning the shop directly?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 11th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 4,034 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 11th May 18, 1:12 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:12 PM
    I now want to make a complaint to the Office for Unfair Trading
    Originally posted by westonsorganic

• unholyangel
    • By unholyangel 11th May 18, 2:30 PM
    • 12,990 Posts
    • 10,297 Thanks
    unholyangel
    • 11th May 18, 2:30 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:30 PM
    Doesn't look shut down to me?

https://graingerandjameson.com/
    Originally posted by ceh209
    OP was talking about OFT being shut down - they were replaced by CMA (Competition and Markets Authority) in 2014.
    Money doesn't solve poverty.....it creates it.
    • westonsorganic
    • By westonsorganic 11th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    westonsorganic
    • 11th May 18, 3:23 PM
    • 11th May 18, 3:23 PM
    Hello, thanks everyone for your responses.

Yes that is the website and the item, I paid by debit card. I also tried calling them, yes.

That update seems to have just been put up in the past hour or so.

Hopefully this means the item will be dispatched soon so thank you for all your help.

Still a little unsettling to know that they have closed the OFT and not (as yet it seems) replaced it with anything that deals with consumer complaints
    • elsien
    • By elsien 11th May 18, 4:18 PM
    • 17,558 Posts
    • 44,392 Thanks
    elsien

Still a little unsettling to know that they have closed the OFT and not (as yet it seems) replaced it with anything that deals with consumer complaints
    Originally posted by westonsorganic
    Trading Standards?
    Furniture ombudsman?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • bris
    • By bris 11th May 18, 6:22 PM
    • 8,046 Posts
    • 7,034 Thanks
    bris
    Trading Standards?
    Furniture ombudsman?
    Originally posted by elsien
    Trading standards doesn't deal with the public and the furniture ombudsman is paid for by the furniture companies and has no teeth or powers of enforcement.

Consumers are advised to contact the CAB who are about as useless as a chocolate tea pot tbh so the best bet is just going straight to the real power house, the courts.
    • NeilCr
    • By NeilCr 11th May 18, 6:35 PM
    • 2,392 Posts
    • 3,341 Thanks
    NeilCr

Consumers are advised to contact the CAB who are about as useless as a chocolate tea pot tbh so the best bet is just going straight to the real power house, the courts.
    Originally posted by bris
    I'll admit that I am a CAB volunteer!

I'd be interested in why you say this and what your evidence is. I assume you are referring to the Consumer Helpline - they can (and do, I believe) report relevant issues to Trading Standards
    • zoegrainger
    • By zoegrainger 12th May 18, 11:40 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zoegrainger
    Hi all!

I am the manager of this company and have just come across this thread. I would like to rectify any issues urgently.

To clarify: We have experienced several delays on these Seagrass Baskets which has been explained via web updates and emails to our customers, thankfully we received them a few days ago and they are now on their way out to customers, we have also offered every delayed basket a refund of 10% due to the inconvenience.

If the original poster could contact me asap with details, i'd be very glad to look into the complaint and have this matter resolved asap.

Thank you,
    Zoe
    • cajef
    • By cajef 12th May 18, 11:50 AM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 3,924 Thanks
    cajef
    Hi all!
    I am the manager of this company and have just come across this thread. I would like to rectify any issues urgently.
    Thank you,
    Zoe
    Originally posted by zoegrainger
    While your post is appreciated as a company representatvie you need MSE permission to post on this site.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • zoegrainger
    • By zoegrainger 12th May 18, 11:54 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    zoegrainger
    Thanks
    I have no idea how to fix this MSE permission? Just trying to help resolve a complaint.
    • cajef
    • By cajef 12th May 18, 12:02 PM
    • 4,868 Posts
    • 3,924 Thanks
    cajef
    I have no idea how to fix this MSE permission? Just trying to help resolve a complaint.
    Originally posted by zoegrainger
    You need to contact MSE.

If you work for a qualifying company and are in a position to represent it (we'll require official confirmation) please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com from your company domain.
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
    • westonsorganic
    • By westonsorganic 12th May 18, 2:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    westonsorganic
    Hi all,

Just to say, Zoe from Grainger Jameson contacted me today.

It does seem to be a genuine misunderstanding - wrong email address - and for some reason all of my attempts to contact them were not getting through.

The products are on the way, they've been having a lot of issues with the supplier but should be here soon, and she has given me a 10% discount for the inconvenience.

Thanks all for all your help and I'm glad we were able to sort it out!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,424Posts Today

6,998Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin