Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thestens
    • By thestens 11th May 18, 10:46 AM
    • 228Posts
    • 42Thanks
    thestens
    Indemnity insurance for deed of covernant?
    • 11th May 18, 10:46 AM
    Indemnity insurance for deed of covernant? 11th May 18 at 10:46 AM
    This is a bit complicated! I live in a house which has a barn beside it. This has an upstairs area and at the back are two coal sheds. This is all one building. It is attached to my neighbour's house but not mine. We own the downstairs and upstairs but the coal sheds belong to my neighbours and the neighbours next to them. The buildings have a flying freehold.
    When we moved in we got a deed of covernent with one neighbour about maintenanace of the different parts of the building and mutual access for maintenance, etc We don't have this for the other neighbour. It all proved to be a massive pain when we moved in, our solicitor stressed big time over it all and it held up the sale and was never totally sorted out (it was a cash purchase by us). Now I'm worried that when we come to sell this is going to be a headache again. We could go to a solicitor and get it done, the neighbours would be ok with this but I expect it will cost a fair few bob! Is there any way of getting indemnity insurance instead? You seem to be able to get it for most things, so how about this?
Page 1
    • SG27
    • By SG27 11th May 18, 12:29 PM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 1,725 Thanks
    SG27
    • 11th May 18, 12:29 PM
    • 11th May 18, 12:29 PM
    There was a thread a few days ago about flying freehold and someone mentioned they had an indemnity policy to cover potential loss due to neighbours lack of support.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

226Posts Today

1,541Users online

Martin's Twitter