Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tawecdl
    • By tawecdl 11th May 18, 9:29 AM
    • 1,043Posts
    • 815Thanks
    tawecdl
    Screen Repair on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
    • 11th May 18, 9:29 AM
    Screen Repair on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. 11th May 18 at 9:29 AM
    Hi All,

My Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge screen has broken and needs repair.

I called a few shops but I am being quoted 200 - 250. Much more than I expected.

I have a temporary phone so no rush in getting it sorted but I was wondering what the cheapest way to getting this fixed was? Also, how difficult is it to do yourself?

I feel very silly for not getting it insured now but that's in hindsight, a lesson learned.

Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.
Page 1
    • gardner1
    • By gardner1 11th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 2,701 Posts
    • 4,000 Thanks
    gardner1
    • 11th May 18, 9:37 AM
    • 11th May 18, 9:37 AM
    When fixed use a decent phone case......not one of the stupid rubber things that just protects the corners
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 11th May 18, 4:04 PM
    • 7,474 Posts
    • 10,843 Thanks
    KxMx
    • 11th May 18, 4:04 PM
    • 11th May 18, 4:04 PM
    Do you have any home insurance? This might contain an accidental damage element.
    • Low Waged Scrimper
    • By Low Waged Scrimper 12th Sep 18, 2:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Low Waged Scrimper
    • 12th Sep 18, 2:01 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 2:01 PM
    You may have already found a solution but I have the same problem!
    I have found some lowest repairs for 159.00 including VAT where you send them in and walk in services for 205 - 270 from high street sevices!

This is 2 years after the launch of this phone. (Sept 2018)
    Will Samsung reduce the replacement part as time goes on (say 3/4 months)?

You thoughts and Ideas are apreciated!
    • toshi
    • By toshi 13th Sep 18, 7:14 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    toshi
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:14 PM
    • 13th Sep 18, 7:14 PM
    Re: DIY repair

There are two ways to replace the screen.

1) Screen only
    2) Screen with frame.

2) is easier than 1) but the parts is a bit more pricey. If you haven't done a screen replacement before, I would recommend the option 2).

Galaxy S7 Edge - Screen replacement (with frame)

I have just checked the price of OEM, Replacement LCD Assembly With Frame. 204 pound.

https://www.replacebase.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-parts/lcd-touch-assembly/

Please note, Samsung users in particular, (now Apple users as well) the cost of AMOLED screen replacement is VERY EXPENSIVE.

In hindsight, you should have used a tempered screen protector as well as a protect case. PUT ON THE SCREEN PROTECTOR with a Protective case, which is far cheaper than insurance. Your phone would be abused everyday. Your smartphone is not a luxury, but daily productive tool, make a good protection.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,966Posts Today

9,172Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin