Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RB1992
    • By RB1992 11th May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 3Thanks
    RB1992
    Bus Lane PCN
    • 11th May 18, 9:08 AM
    Bus Lane PCN 11th May 18 at 9:08 AM
    Hi there,

I received two PCN's through the post yesterday for driving through a bus lane. The date of the "offence" is the same on both fines, just a few hours apart. I was completely unaware that the route was for bus lanes only and did not notice the signage (if any), nor did either of the two passengers. I've been doing a bit of research and it appears unlikely I'll be able to get out of them despite it being a genuine mistake merely hours apart, however money is extremely tight until the end of the month and I don't want to go over the 14 day period for the reduced fee.

I've noticed the wording towards the bottom of the PCN stating that if you appeal, you will still have 14 days from the date the appeal is returned to make the reduced payment - is this correct? If so, is there a template appeal I can use or shall I just make up anything in the hope of deferring payment until early next month when I'll be in a better position to pay?

Many thanks,
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 36,346 Posts
    • 20,595 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 11th May 18, 9:17 AM
    Take this to pepipoo for best advice

This forum majors on private parking invoices rather than proper council fines
    • RB1992
    • By RB1992 11th May 18, 10:45 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    RB1992
    • 11th May 18, 10:45 AM
    • 11th May 18, 10:45 AM
    Ok thanks for your response
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:50 PM
    • 59,555 Posts
    • 72,717 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th May 18, 2:50 PM
    • 11th May 18, 2:50 PM
    Post here, no HOTMAIL emails allowed, and NO posting without PCN pics or it's pointless:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Both sides of the PCN are needed, all small print (redact your VRN, name & address data only).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,751Users online

Martin's Twitter