Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th May 18, 4:24 AM
    • 1,671Posts
    • 18,453Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Friday 11th May 2018
    • 11th May 18, 4:24 AM
    Old Style Daily Friday 11th May 2018 11th May 18 at 4:24 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • Floss
    • By Floss 11th May 18, 12:34 PM
    • 4,903 Posts
    • 45,640 Thanks
    Floss
    I think maybe try not to think too hard while on your holiday, and ask to meet with council chaps when you are back home to discuss the options & what they are going to do...tbh if a leak in their property caused the problem then they should fix & repair/replace all affected xx
    • silver-oldie
    • By silver-oldie 11th May 18, 3:20 PM
    • 568 Posts
    • 8,087 Thanks
    silver-oldie
    Welcome Lindsay.
    Your dog looks cute, Judi

Went to see mother yesterday.She pretends to be asleep but managed to drink a cup of tea and eat two biscuits, didn't talk.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 11th May 18, 3:41 PM
    • 932 Posts
    • 12,649 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hello lovelies, how is everyone today ?
    We had to go into town this morning to the bank and the £ shop for some sterilising liquid. Then Mr Fix It needed to get an oil filter for the car, as he is changing the oil on Sunday. I have also done a load in the WM and it has dried, even though the weather is overcast, it is very breezy.
    Mr Fix It has printed me out our holiday list, ohhh I just love a list . Whereas before I could do our 'van list on auto pilot, nowadays I'm bound to forget something really important, hence the check list .
    This afternoon I have done the ironing, not quite all of it, but enough for our holiday next week. ( I promised myself a bar of turkish delight this evening, if I did the said ironing . )
    Tea tonight will be HM chicken fried rice and curry sauce.
    Holly if you go a wandering through time again please call round my way. I would love to see into the future/past . ( P.S. it doesn't take a lot to make me go round the bend..... I'm half way there already )
    Nelski enjoy your spa weekend. Maybe some gentle swimming may ease your hip a little. By the way when are you going in for your op ?
    Dumpling don't worry about bringing the thread down, you post away. We all have days like that and the support on here is second to none. Sending extra hugs to you and happy birthday wishes to your DGS.
    Hope everyone is having a good Friday.
    Take care and hugs to all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 11th May 18, 5:03 PM
    • 1,123 Posts
    • 12,997 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    Just a quick pop in to say I fully endorse nannywindow’s comment to dumpling

Popping out again

MrsSD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,128Posts Today

8,435Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin