Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th May 18, 4:24 AM
    • 1,466Posts
    • 14,648Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Friday 11th May 2018
    • 11th May 18, 4:24 AM
    Old Style Daily Friday 11th May 2018 11th May 18 at 4:24 AM
    This is an ďover the garden fenceĒ type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. Itís a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things weíre going to do today or what weíve achieved already. Everyoneís welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasnít just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please donít post large pictures, or clip art Ė links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that donít have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 1
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 11th May 18, 4:31 AM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 14,648 Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    • 11th May 18, 4:31 AM
    • 11th May 18, 4:31 AM
    Morning everyone

Thank you everyone for your good wishes regarding me getting allocated a new consultant. I am going to try and remain positive, this is a new start with a different consultant, so I shall try and put my recent experience with this Mental Health Trust behind me.

My GP was very positive about it yesterday and has already emailed the new consultant the days of the week that he is available to have the Care Plan meeting. We are hoping that it can be arranged shortly after I see the consultant.

Today I am going out as has become normal for me now. I am going to see if I can find a new lighter bath robe. I have two but both are quite heavy and far too warm for the summer.

LameWolf and csarina happy holidays, I hope that you and your DOHs have a good time.

Snoozer I hope that you donít have too many bruises this morning after your fall, and are not too shaken.

Judi as I recall from a few years ago when I had a water retention problem it was awful. At least it wonít be too long until you get your medication. Good news on the job for your son with Grump.

Meanmarie I hope all goes well with your DOHs CT scan and that it is clear.

JackieO congratulations to your eldest DD. Itís good that things are looking up for her, fingers crossed that her DOH finds a job as well soon.

Welcome Lindsay itís good that you managed to log back into the forums. Iím sorry to hear about your ms diagnosis, but pleased that reading along has helped you.

Nelski enjoy your spa trip, and donít forget to record James Martin.

Nanny itís not you going mad, itís me . I started the thread yesterday and put 2016. Iíve been time travelling.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 11th May 18, 5:22 AM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 18,999 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    • 11th May 18, 5:22 AM
    • 11th May 18, 5:22 AM
    Morning Holly and everyone who will be here later. Thank you for starting the thread.

We are meant to have another day of sunshine so the first load of washing is nearly finished, second load to go in shortly.

I will be back on the dreaded paperwork this morning and hopefully doing the Friday Tidy later. It is needed, I will never have a truly tidy house but I do like it to be cleanish.

Welcome Lindsey, this is a good friendly place to be.

Have a great day, everyone
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • camelot1001
    • By camelot1001 11th May 18, 6:34 AM
    • 3,835 Posts
    • 46,058 Thanks
    camelot1001
    • 11th May 18, 6:34 AM
    Morning All

Dry here but not too promising. I did a load of washing when I got home from work and it all but dried in the evening breeze and sunshine. Another hour's work on the driveway - slowly does it!

I collected DS2 and his lovely GF from the airport last night, the exit from the motorway to the Erskine Bridge was closed - no warning, no diversion, it took an extra half an hour to get home. Not what you need at 10.30pm.

Anyway, enough moaning, it's Friday so an early finish for me, I'll get these peas planted on my way home.

Congrats to your DD JackieO.
    Have happy holidays Lamewolf and csarina.
    Enjoy your spa weekend Nelski.
    Hoping Mr MM is ok.

Have a good Friday, take care. XX
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 11th May 18, 6:34 AM
    • 3,060 Posts
    • 42,112 Thanks
    nmlc
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining and a clear sky this morning, looking nice but air is much cooler.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Dinner last night was liver, bacon and sausage, mash, veg and gravy - was delish. Tonight menfolk may have chicken and bacon kievs,
    chips/jacket potato, beans/veg. I'm going to have a stir fry type dish with gyros.

Yesterday I was much more productive again, having a list on my phone seems to be a better way for me, as I check my list and tick off what I've done. I did target a hot spot that's been a mess for a while, not completely done as yet but looking much better. The ironing pile is a bit big, but that won't take me that long to do once I get back from shopping. Food shopping first thing, I need to go to the big orange diy store to buy some runner bean plants, then home to tackle the ironing pile. The electrician is visiting this afternoon sometime to price up a couple of jobs we need doing, I'll ask for it to be done as soon as he's able, so it'll be another job done.

As the weather has been so good, I've been pegging out a line of washing daily, so yesterday only had 2 x loads to do, and then decided I could get our bed linen done too, so did that but put fresh linen on from the airing cupboard as the other was dry but I wanted to put it in the airing cupboard just to air a bit more. I think there's enough for another load in the dirty wash basket so will get that going shortly, and then I'll do towels and the boys can strip their beds and I'll do theirs too.

I'm working tomorrow so I'll be getting as much done as possible but will stop around 2-3pm today and take it easy.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
    • bellabella
    • By bellabella 11th May 18, 6:41 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    bellabella
    • 11th May 18, 6:41 AM
    • 11th May 18, 6:41 AM
    Morning all
    Up early as had to take DH to work as we are now down to one car and i need to go shopping. Will take Dolly out in a bit and other than that not much planned . Dinner tonight will be freezer roulette
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
    • tru
    • By tru 11th May 18, 6:55 AM
    • 8,648 Posts
    • 44,588 Thanks
    tru
    • 11th May 18, 6:55 AM
    • 11th May 18, 6:55 AM
    Morning

Hollyharvey Your GP sounds fab, I'm glad he's sorting things out for you x

I was cold yesterday, an hour after I'd got dressed I changed into my big jumper and furry slipper boots. Everyone else was wearing t-shirts so it obviously wasn't the weather Ė just me I don't want to be wearing all that today, it makes doing things difficult and I was quite lazy. I want to be productive today, especially as I have the house to myself til about 6pm.

The plaster in my craft room has been sorted, except for one little bit that was missed, so I now have flat walls. I can't start painting til it's dried out. Also, junk has been dumped in the room so now I have to sort it. Very miffed, but I don't do it, no-one else will.

I haven't had much work in this week so it's hardly worth getting things out to do what's there (still no desk *sobs* so paper trays and stationery stuff have to be moved to the kitchen table each time). But I'll get it done along with other little jobs that are annoying me, I want to get all these things out of the way today so I can throw myself back into my routine next week. Nothing went wrong this week, it just went wonky

Bulletproof
    • redruby
    • By redruby 11th May 18, 7:21 AM
    • 6,674 Posts
    • 92,965 Thanks
    redruby
    • 11th May 18, 7:21 AM
    • 11th May 18, 7:21 AM
    Morning all

Cracking day here and set in for the weekend I think, shame I am working all weekend never mind hopefully it will go quickly.

Friday so takeaway and wine tonight not too much for me though, will certainly have at least one though !

Work has been busy these last few days so today will probably be the same.

Mrs Salad D thanks for the advice, everything we have sent has been by e-mail so we have copies of everything, I wish I was nearer to your France adventure I love rooting round things for sale xx

Have a good holiday LW and csarina.

Have good days all xx
    • dumpling
    • By dumpling 11th May 18, 7:26 AM
    • 1,393 Posts
    • 19,542 Thanks
    dumpling
    • 11th May 18, 7:26 AM
    • 11th May 18, 7:26 AM
    Good morning everyone

Sorry I haven't posted much this week, I am feeling quite rubbish and didn't want to bring the thread down especially as there are so many good things going on for some of you. Anyway, I thought I would just check in today.

It's my grandson's 7th birthday today and we are going to his house later on for a bbq. Hope it stays dry so we can sit in the garden. He is very much into Minecraft so I have bought him some hoodies and pj's in that style. I think I will be popular .

Steve has the day off today so I have company and my lovely cmht lady is coming to see me this morning as well. I still haven't heard anything from PIP which is causing me to worry. I may get my cmht lady to give them a ring later and see what if anything is happening to my claim.

Don't have to cook tonight because of the bbq so will just enjoy someone else doing the work. I need to get Steve to empty the bathroom over the weekend too as the new bathroom fitters arrive on Monday morning. I am dreading it but it will be nice for the girls to have a nice bathroom to use as ours is out of the ark.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx

• snoozer
    • By snoozer 11th May 18, 7:52 AM
    • 2,002 Posts
    • 20,447 Thanks
    snoozer
    Thanks for all your good wishes. I thought I would be very sore today but don't feel too bad. I'm surprised I was as shaken up as I was, perhaps it's because I was by myself on an isolated track - I walked for an hour yesterday and only saw one other person.

dumpling, I'm sorry you've been feeling bad, hopefully the birthday celebrations will help.

DH has gone to work again so I've got another quiet day in store. I went through the bedding and towels yesterday to see what I've got because some friends of DD's are coming next weekend and it will be a (very) full house. They'll have to bring some towels with them. Today I'll give the bedrooms a clean, it shouldn't take too long because apart from ours they haven't been used since they were last cleaned thoroughly.
    • ScarletRibbons
    • By ScarletRibbons 11th May 18, 8:02 AM
    • 269 Posts
    • 3,522 Thanks
    ScarletRibbons
    Morning all.It's fine here and seems quite mild - yesterday was definitely chilly.
    I'm just going to make an announcement - I've done all my ironing whoo hoo!!

Hope you holidaymakers enjoy your trips, and congrats to your daughter Jackie O.
    Hope you'll soon be feeling better Dumpling.
    Welcome Lindsay, you'll find that this is a very friendly thread.
    Your dog looks lovely, Judi

I'm dashing off this morning, so have a good day everyone.
    Take care folks.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 11th May 18, 8:20 AM
    • 3,639 Posts
    • 45,353 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need.
    Sunny here and breezy, no washing t do today, I need to collect a prescription for CHS, not sure what else I will do.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 11th May 18, 8:23 AM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 4,025 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Morning Everyone,

I had a lovely surprise night out for a early pre - birthday gift from my Dd and her Bf , we all went to see Michael McIntyre.

The four of us had a meal before going to the show, which was lovely too.

I also won some tickets too the 'This Morning Live' show. So my Dd and myself will be going to that next weekend.

Have a good day all x
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 11th May 18, 8:23 AM
    • 12,426 Posts
    • 39,679 Thanks
    Nelski
    Good morning all

Think Im pretty much ready for the spa day just need to pick up a few of the girls then get back here for the charabang Pity the driver we may will be overexcited and wanting to sing silly songs (white horses bound to feature )

Hip screaming today though so hoping it isn't going to prevent me doing anything I dreamt I couldn't get in the pool last night and whilst clearly a first world problem it may well be true. Having said that though in my dream I was full dressed with my coat on Taking my kindle so worst case is a lie by the pool reading my book

No idea what food will be today but Im pretty sure it will be stuffed full of calories and not from my freezer

Have a great Friday all Hol James has said I can go round to his and watch the show on Sunday....dont think he knows about Simon and Tim though

Take care snoozer you need to rest
    • Nelski
    • By Nelski 11th May 18, 8:32 AM
    • 12,426 Posts
    • 39,679 Thanks
    Nelski
    Morning Everyone,

I had a lovely surprise night out for a early pre - birthday gift from my Dd and her Bf , we all went to see Michael McIntyre.

The four of us had a meal before going to the show, which was lovely too.

I also won some tickets too the 'This Morning Live' show. So my Dd and myself will be going to that next weekend.

Have a good day all x
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    I love Michael McIntrye and This Morning so lucky lady Could you get me Phils autograph he's another guilty pleasure of mine

Did you enjoy Michael? Bet it was hilarious x
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 11th May 18, 8:52 AM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 20,034 Thanks
    csarina2
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Swithering about having the kitchen changed, at our expense of course the council will pay for the sink unit etc. I would like to put two corner cupboards on to give me extra storage space, we also have to sort out the flooring, I am sure the hardboard under the vinyl will have been affected as the damp has gone along the back of the cooker and under the washer. I am not going to think about it till we get back from our holiday.

Bright sunny morning but a bit brrrrr, I have the heating off and its not going back on will put extra jumpers on and maybe my leggings, my legs get cold.

We went into town yesterday after lunch OH's glasses were ready so did the bit of shopping needed and also took a couple of things back that were not right and got refunds. I bought a pair of external speakers for my lap top, they did not have a jack point in the front, I got a pair from Amazon for half what I paid Argos.....result. I use headphones to watch catch up TV when OH is watching one of his recorded programmes, so needed the jack point.

There is limited wi fi where we are staying next week, so I may post occasionally from my tablet.

I have cheese to use up so making cheese pie for supper tonight.......
    • Floss
    • By Floss 11th May 18, 8:53 AM
    • 4,504 Posts
    • 40,248 Thanks
    Floss
    Nelski pity you are away (try the jacuzzi for hip relief) as we are down in Callands & Penketh tomorrow...quick family visit then drinks & curry with friends
    • SpekySquarehead
    • By SpekySquarehead 11th May 18, 8:57 AM
    • 1,919 Posts
    • 15,427 Thanks
    SpekySquarehead
    Gooooooood morning,

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Yesterday, as I may have mentioned, can't remember, I was playing golf with work, despite being terrible at the sport. It was at Trump Turnberry and it was excellent. From the course itself to the toilets. Thankfully I didn't have to pay for anything but I'm led to believe everything is a fortune.

Afterwards, I was playing football and I seem to have strained my hamstring. A few weeks of rest and I'll be right as rain.

I've a good friends engagement party tonight which will no doubt end up costing a few bob by the time I factor in a gift. My ex will be there too, so that'll be interesting...!

Dumpling - Don't be silly. For me, posting helps, regardless of how mundane it may be. Get it off your chest.
    ILC - So when's your birthday...? Today?
    Debt Free Date: 29/09/16
    • Floss
    • By Floss 11th May 18, 8:58 AM
    • 4,504 Posts
    • 40,248 Thanks
    Floss
    Csarina if the subfloor is affected under the vinyl it should be part of the reparation work by the council. If they decide to refit, ask if you can have the extra cupboards before offering to pay - they may include them in their costs & the work may well be a claim on their own (or their contractors) insurance.

Have a lovely break xx
    • MoneySavingEmma
    • By MoneySavingEmma 11th May 18, 10:59 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 617 Thanks
    MoneySavingEmma
    Morning,

Blue skies here which always cheers me up, although cooler than last weekend. Also Friday which is never a bad thing

Was a bit naughty and had a pizza last night, followed by some chocolate, oops! Probably pasta tonight with some veg in there and something fruit based for after! Quieter weekend planned after the in-laws visit last weekend so am very much looking forward to that

Happy holidays to csarina (plus OH) and the LWs! And congrats to JackieO's DD

dumpling, we all post about the good and bad things in our lives, please don't feel like you can't post when you need support. I hope you enjoy the BBQ later.

snoozer, glad you are feeling ok but still, take it easy

Welcome to Lindsay

Nelski
    - have a fantastic time at the spa!

Hugs/spoons/good vibes/tea/coffee/something stronger to everyone that needs/wants them

I hope everyone has a good Friday
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

47Posts Today

3,270Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin