Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SRR1
    • By SRR1 10th May 18, 10:27 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SRR1
    Letter Before Claim - Gladstone's Solicitors/Minster Baywatch
    • 10th May 18, 10:27 PM
    Letter Before Claim - Gladstone's Solicitors/Minster Baywatch 10th May 18 at 10:27 PM
    Hello,

Can anyone help me please? I have been through the newbie stuff but I'm getting more confused than anything else.

I have received a Letter Before Claim from Gladstone's Solicitors relating to a PCN in Oldham, Greater Manchester. The initial letters came from Minster Baywatch and contained ANPR photos from September 2017. Rightly or wrongly I ignored the letters. Please don't berate me on this, it's obvisouly too late now.

The photos show the car entering the car park and exiting the car park around 2 hours apart, however they do not show the car parked. The letter was sent in October 2017.

The Letter Before Claim I have now received is from April 2018 and says I have 30 days to pay 160 because they have been instructed to commence legal action by the claimant.

What are my best options now?

Thanks
    Last edited by SRR1; 10-05-2018 at 11:00 PM. Reason: .
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 10:37 PM
    • 36,266 Posts
    • 20,525 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 10:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 10:37 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

You need to go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

Court claims and how to deal with them is covered in #2 there

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 18,438 Posts
    • 23,361 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th May 18, 11:05 PM
    • 10th May 18, 11:05 PM
    its either pay up or rebut the LBC

we prefer people do the latter

that post #2 will help you construct a rebuttal, as will reading other recent gladrags threads about other LBC letters (no matter which PPC it was)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 11:09 PM
    • 59,444 Posts
    • 72,592 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th May 18, 11:09 PM
    • 10th May 18, 11:09 PM
    What are my best options now?
    Exactly as set out in the NEWBIES thread we need people to read first, before posting.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,547Posts Today

8,391Users online

Martin's Twitter