Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Unreal1ty
    • By Unreal1ty 10th May 18, 9:02 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Unreal1ty
    Payslip missmatch bank payment
    • 10th May 18, 9:02 PM
    Payslip missmatch bank payment 10th May 18 at 9:02 PM
    Hi all,

I have just received a letter at work, stating that we have been overpayed as a mistake on our payslip. Even though I do not believe this to be correct. It also states that the wages being paid into my account will reflect my payment after the ‘correction’. Which means it will not match my payslip. Is this allowed? I thought they couldn’t pay a different amount to the payslip for tax purposes etc. Can anyone shine a light on this please?
Page 1
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 10th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 3,628 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    • 10th May 18, 9:05 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:05 PM
    Ask them for the revised corrected payslip.

You should receive your payslip at or before the time you are paid but organisations use human beings who run payroll and sometimes they make mistakes.
    • Unreal1ty
    • By Unreal1ty 10th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Unreal1ty
    • 10th May 18, 9:09 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:09 PM
    Well we have received our pay slip but also a letter the day after. I!!!8217;m just wondering as this could affect things like my student loan as they take money based on how much I earn each month
    • anamenottaken
    • By anamenottaken 10th May 18, 9:10 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 3,628 Thanks
    anamenottaken
    • 10th May 18, 9:10 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:10 PM
    Well we have received our pay slip but also a letter the day after. I!!!8217;m just wondering as this could affect things like my student loan as they take money based on how much I earn each month
    Originally posted by Unreal1ty
    But have you received the pay into your account?

If they have been able to calculate the correct amount to pay into your account they should have re-run payroll so that the student loan repayment would also have been recalculated.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,469Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin