Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Holylemonjuice
    • By Holylemonjuice 10th May 18, 8:32 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Holylemonjuice
    Ticket fell off dashboard - Please help
    • 10th May 18, 8:32 PM
    Ticket fell off dashboard - Please help 10th May 18 at 8:32 PM
    So my car was parked at Sandy Acres car park in Cornwall, a ticket was bought from the machine and placed on the dashboard. It was a very windy day and the ticket was on the drivers seat when I had returned to my car, I also had a Parking Charge Notice on my windscreen.

I did some research and thought they were not a IPC registered company - I had failed to notice that Armtrac is registered as KBT Cornwall and trading as Armtrac Security Services. To this end I ignored the letter. This all happened way back in August 2017.

I then received a Parking Charge letter some 4 months later in December, I decided to state my case to them and refuse payment as I purchased a valid ticket. They responded to my letter however in their reply totally contradicting themselves by stating that "This PCN was issued to the vehicle for the reason of not displaying a valid ticket as the ticket displayed withing your vehicle had expired by 21 minutes at the time of inspection by our patrol officer"
    And they will enter into no further correspondence, I then left it at that.

I then received a "FINAL LETTER BEFORE DEBT RECOVERY OR COURT ACTION",this was in March. I wasn't really sure on the best thing to do here and I was researching but I had a lot on my plate with work and totally forgot about it.

This brings us to today, I opened 2 letters. One dated 20th April and one dated 3rd of May (I had not realized any mail had arrived for me) These letters were from a debt recovery company TNC. They have also added an admin fee to be cheeky.

Any advise on my next steps would be greatly appreciated, I will include a pic of alll correspondence below.

Last edited by Holylemonjuice; 10-05-2018 at 9:14 PM.
Page 1
    • prowla
    • By prowla 10th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 9,741 Posts
    • 7,797 Thanks
    prowla
    • 10th May 18, 8:42 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:42 PM
    Ah - the fluttering ticket issue.

Can't help with the appeal (others are better placed to advise), but having had it happen to me, I now carry a clothes peg in my car and just clip my ticket in it so it stays where it's supposed to.

(Mine happened 4 years ago and I've not been to Brighton since!)
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 6,584 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:48 PM
    How to deal with debt collector's letters is explained in the greatest detail in post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 35,549 Posts
    • 19,746 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 8:49 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:49 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies faq thread before starting a new thread

Go there now to get an understanding of the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this - #4 covers the debt collectors stage

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit those details in your OP

The ppcs monitor here and can use your posts against you
    • Holylemonjuice
    • By Holylemonjuice 10th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Holylemonjuice
    • 10th May 18, 9:25 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:25 PM
    Sorry for the new thread - I was advised on a different thread by someone called Coupon-Mad to start my own thread.

This whole forum thing is totally alien to me, I'm just a bit stressed out with this whole thing and don't know what to do. If I can avoid paying a ridiculous fine that would be ideal.

It won't let me upload pic on here anyway.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 9:32 PM
    • 7,138 Posts
    • 6,584 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 9:32 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:32 PM
    It won't let me upload pic on here anyway.
    Originally posted by Holylemonjuice
    That's right, it won't.

If you want to show us a picture you will need to upload it to a picture hosting website, tinypic is one such site but there are many others, and then post a link here. As a new user you won't be able to post a live link, but just changing http to hxxp is usually enough.

But there is really no need to show us a picture of a debt collector's letter.
    Last edited by KeithP; 10-05-2018 at 9:34 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 11:28 PM
    • 57,309 Posts
    • 70,913 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th May 18, 11:28 PM
    • 10th May 18, 11:28 PM
    Debt collector letters are to be ignored.

Come back to this thread and reply again even a few months later, when you get something serious (i.e. a court claim) and we will help you defend it. People here win almost every time.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,245Posts Today

5,662Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin