Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • diggeroony
    • By diggeroony 10th May 18, 8:26 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    diggeroony
    Void Transaction @ TUI
    • 10th May 18, 8:26 PM
    Void Transaction @ TUI 10th May 18 at 8:26 PM
    I used my Amex card for only the 2nd time today, I was paying my holiday balance off. I paid over the phone to Tui (Thomson) after I gave the lady my cards details she told me they don't take Amex over the phone and I would have to come into the store. I didn't question her and said i would go to the store another time.

However, after I had finished my phone call i saw a notification on my phone saying the payment had gone through. I then rang back and explained it had gone through and was told by the same lady that she had a void receipt in front of her and it would go back into my Amex account. The amount has gone from my credit limit so therefore I cant pay instore until the transaction is removed and my limit it returned to what it was previous to this transaction.

Has anyone experienced the same situation before ?

thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 16,832 Posts
    • 17,833 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th May 18, 9:12 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:12 PM
    Yes, many people.

Wait to see if the pending transaction is removed.
    • diggeroony
    • By diggeroony 12th May 18, 6:39 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    diggeroony
    • 12th May 18, 6:39 AM
    • 12th May 18, 6:39 AM
    The transaction hasnt been removed & is showing on my balance. Now i dont know what to do as TUI are claiming payment was void but amex showing the payment has been accepted.
    • Autumnella
    • By Autumnella 12th May 18, 6:55 AM
    • 491 Posts
    • 2,054 Thanks
    Autumnella
    • 12th May 18, 6:55 AM
    • 12th May 18, 6:55 AM
    It can take a few days to ahow back on your credit. Call your card provider if you are unsure to confirm.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

781Posts Today

6,811Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin