Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Talkingsinger
    • By Talkingsinger 10th May 18, 8:08 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Talkingsinger
    How long from mortgage interview until completion?
    • 10th May 18, 8:08 PM
    How long from mortgage interview until completion? 10th May 18 at 8:08 PM
    Hi, was just wanting to know how long it usually takes from mortgage interview to completion of sale?

I know everyoneís circumstances are different but just to get an idea...

Iím a FTB, already have AIP, seller is already in their new house, so the one Iím buying is sitting empty. My valuation is being done before my mortgage interview so this step will already be completed (apparently they can do this now).
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 10th May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 20,072 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 10th May 18, 8:15 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:15 PM
    As long as this piece of string I have in my hand......

Anywhere between 6 weeks and 6 months. And sometimes more!

• kinger101
    • By kinger101 10th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 4,436 Posts
    • 6,155 Thanks
    kinger101
    • 10th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:21 PM
    As a general guide, from start to finish with no-chain takes about 10-12 weeks. The main delay is solicitors' queries (they have many properties to deal with). I'm guessing you're only a few weeks in. It's quite normal for valuations to being before the underwriter starts looking at your application.

If things are stalling, the vendors EA will usually be happy to assist in finding out the current state-of-play.
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 44,946 Posts
    • 53,563 Thanks
    G_M
    • 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:25 PM
    Hi, was just wanting to know how long it usually takes from mortgage interview to completion of sale?
    Originally posted by Talkingsinger
    : rotfl:

(sorry!)
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 10th May 18, 8:32 PM
    • 792 Posts
    • 1,223 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 10th May 18, 8:32 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:32 PM
    Could be 2 weeks, could be a year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin