Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dubizzle
    • By dubizzle 10th May 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dubizzle
    Mortgage or Loan?
    • 10th May 18, 7:09 PM
    Mortgage or Loan? 10th May 18 at 7:09 PM
    Hi everyone,

I currently work for an airline on a fixed term contract, Iíve worked for them since February 2017.
    I work February-November and have December and January off.
    My base salary is £8,900 per annum, this is based on me working 20 hours a week but when June arrives (which is the start of the summer season) I am contracted to work 30 hours a week, however itís usually more for instance Iím actually working 150 hours in June = £1,425 is what I will receive that month.

A flat I used to live in has came on the market for £42,000 and Iím extremely interested in it. Iíve spoken to a mortgage broker which I told him my situation and that I could put down 35% deposit. He said that no one would give me a mortgage for the wage I am on, that itís very difficult to get a mortgage on a fixed term contract and for a mortgage as small as this.

My bank has said they could give me a loan of £17000. With my savings and my father gifting me some of the money I could purchase this way.

What does everyone think? Should I contact another mortgage broker?

Thank you.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 17,716 Posts
    • 18,841 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th May 18, 7:19 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:19 PM
    Does the bank loan permit property purchases? Is it an attractive rate?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

359Posts Today

3,853Users online

Martin's Twitter