Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 10th May 18, 6:25 PM
    • 1,086Posts
    • 347Thanks
    WLM21
    Are there any Amazon Sellers here to help?
    • 10th May 18, 6:25 PM
    Are there any Amazon Sellers here to help? 10th May 18 at 6:25 PM
    Having been an Ebay user for a few years I have decided to give Amazon a go.

I have tried to list my first item but when I find it online the image is that of another seller as is the title and the description. What's going on?
    Thank you!
Page 1
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 10th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 6,983 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    • 10th May 18, 7:24 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:24 PM
    Having been an Ebay user for a few years I have decided to give Amazon a go.

I have tried to list my first item but when I find it online the image is that of another seller as is the title and the description. What's going on?
    Thank you!
    Originally posted by WLM21
    When you add a product you piggy back onto an existing listing. The listing will say for sale with ****** but it will also say 2 new (for example) and if you click on that you will find your listing.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • RFW
    • By RFW 10th May 18, 9:17 PM
    • 8,712 Posts
    • 5,075 Thanks
    RFW
    • 10th May 18, 9:17 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:17 PM
    As above.

If you have a product with barcode xyz, you have to list that product under its existing listing.

If your item has a barcode then put that into Amazon's search bar. When it comes up, click on the item, on the right hand side of the page there should be a box marked "sell yours here". Click on that then you can add your own item.

You need to be able to sell it competitively if there are a lot of sellers of the same item.

There are many similarities between Amazon and Ebay but it is quite different at the listing stage.

I can't tell from your opening post if that answers the question so if you need to know more just ask.
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 13th May 18, 7:06 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    WLM21
    • 13th May 18, 7:06 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:06 PM
    A friend sells on Amazon.. He has promised me he'll walk me through my next listing.. I actually deleted my first one.
    • sjbrun
    • By sjbrun 13th May 18, 7:12 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    sjbrun
    • 13th May 18, 7:12 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:12 PM
    Just don!!!8217;t try to get around the one listing per item by creating listings with fake barcodes, it!!!8217;s a quick way to loose your account
    • WLM21
    • By WLM21 13th May 18, 7:34 PM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    WLM21
    • 13th May 18, 7:34 PM
    • 13th May 18, 7:34 PM
    I want to sell packs of 8 of a particular item. Currently there is a listing for one, but showing up as currently unavailable. Could I list under that but add 'minimum purchase 8'

There is one listing for 4 of these products which I initially listed against.. With Ebay you can sell in groups of 2,3,4 or even 214 but maybe Amazon is totally different. Maybe I am just too new to be trying fancy listings.
    • This Year
    • By This Year 13th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 1,255 Posts
    • 5,291 Thanks
    This Year
    • 13th May 18, 8:02 PM
    • 13th May 18, 8:02 PM
    I want to sell packs of 8 of a particular item. Currently there is a listing for one, but showing up as currently unavailable. Could I list under that but add 'minimum purchase 8'

There is one listing for 4 of these products which I initially listed against.. With Ebay you can sell in groups of 2,3,4 or even 214 but maybe Amazon is totally different. Maybe I am just too new to be trying fancy listings.
    I think that as you are selling a pack of 8, that is a different "line" to the pack of 1 or 4. If you can't find the actual pack size on Amazon to list yours against, then you should create a new listing. HTH.
    • charlies_mum
    • By charlies_mum 13th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 6,983 Posts
    • 30,790 Thanks
    charlies_mum
    • 13th May 18, 8:21 PM
    • 13th May 18, 8:21 PM
    I think that as you are selling a pack of 8, that is a different "line" to the pack of 1 or 4. If you can't find the actual pack size on Amazon to list yours against, then you should create a new listing. HTH.
    Originally posted by This Year
    You can only create a new listing if you have a Professional account at a cost of 30 a month

Also on Amazon you need to be careful with your shipping costs. Amazon have set rates depending on the item and you may only get one lot of postage despite selling multiples of the same item.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
    • RFW
    • By RFW 13th May 18, 11:19 PM
    • 8,712 Posts
    • 5,075 Thanks
    RFW
    • 13th May 18, 11:19 PM
    • 13th May 18, 11:19 PM

In respect of putting items together Amazon is totally different to Ebay.
    You can't put 'minimum purchase of 8', the only place you'd be able to put that is within "item condition". That's against Amazon policy so would likely be removed and no one reads it anyway.
    If you want to list an 8 item pack then you can do but it needs to be a new listing.

You can only create a new listing if you have a Professional account at a cost of 30 a month
    by charlies_mum
    I'd heard that was changed or is about to change, I've no idea where that's up to.
    • This Year
    • By This Year 14th May 18, 8:59 AM
    • 1,255 Posts
    • 5,291 Thanks
    This Year
    Also on Amazon you need to be careful with your shipping costs. Amazon have set rates depending on the item and you may only get one lot of postage despite selling multiples of the same item.
    If its a pack of 8, it is only one package, not multiples. And this is why I have free postage postage included on all of my Amazon lines.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

217Posts Today

2,363Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin