Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • v022980
    • By v022980 10th May 18, 6:01 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    v022980
    Letter Before Claim - SCS/UKPC
    • 10th May 18, 6:01 PM
    Letter Before Claim - SCS/UKPC 10th May 18 at 6:01 PM
    Hi,

I've read through the Newbies Thread and while I found some useful advice, I couldn't find anything directly relating to my case. I will outline the particulars below:

- Received 5 PCN's from UKPC since August 2017 for parking in a Residential Car-Park, required key-fob entry. (4 for failure to display visitors permit, 1 x parking outside the designated parking bays).

- The keeper is a resident on the site, and hold a visitors pass, but just forgot to put it on the dashboard. The parking outside designated bays notice refers to parking on a roadway at the front of the building where there are no markings, and the vehicle wasn't blocking any traffic at all.

- The keeper received NTK's and Debt Collection Letters for all 5 PCN's however ignored them, as they had read outdated advice on websites that suggested they were unenforceable, and would 'just go away'.

- Today the keeper received a Letter Before Claim from SCS Law acting on behalf of UKPC Ltd. This has asked them to pay the 800 owing (160 per PCN!!!). This also asks for a response detailing the following:
    -I agree I owe the debt.
    -I owe some of the debt but not all of it.
    -I don't know whether I owe the debt.
    -I dispute the debt.

-The keeper's tenancy agreement makes no reference to the parking situation within the car-park, and they have never received any written guidance from the MA about the visitor's passes they received when they moved in should be used. Not sure if this helps but it is something that was noticed as pertinent in other threads.

I am beginning to get a bit worried that they may take this to court, and aren't merely scare-mongering anymore, so any advice RE: Next Steps, or simply some reassurance would be appreciated.

I hope you guys can help,

Thanks.
    Last edited by v022980; 10-05-2018 at 6:47 PM. Reason: privacy
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th May 18, 6:07 PM
    • 18,114 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th May 18, 6:07 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:07 PM
    firstly , edit the last post , no "ME , MYSELF & I"

use the DRIVER and the KEEPER only, no need for specifics

then you need to issue a rebuttal to the LBCCC by using a recent rebuttal since oct 2017 , like the daniel san one and adapt it , or alternatively there is a recent thread where LOC123 has been helping someone to hone their rebuttal, so find and read that one

also read the JOHNNERSH post about residential cases

at LBC stage you keep playing letter tennis or email tennis

you should also be complaining to the MA to get them all cancelled and to get the PPC to call off the dogs, plus getting evidence like pictures of signs , tenancy agreements etc

then read up on "own space" cases like LINK PARKING and the JOPSON court case etc

there is plenty of grist for the mill here, you are not the only person with these issues , so look at those other threads to get the best advice

do not look at anything over 18 months old however
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 7,202 Posts
    • 6,680 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 6:51 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:51 PM
    Can anyone guess your real name from your forum username?

If so, you are best advised to get your forum username changed to something more anonymous.

The MSE Forum Guide explains how to do that:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A. In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
    • v022980
    • By v022980 10th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    v022980
    • 10th May 18, 6:53 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:53 PM
    I would hope that my username doesn't give away my real identity. However I will take the hint! Thanks.
    • v022980
    • By v022980 10th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    v022980
    • 10th May 18, 7:27 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:27 PM
    All of the above links that I've gone and found are already at the defence stage. Should I be asking UKPC to provide evidence of permissions to ticket on this land etc? To provide all evidence they hold on each of the PCN's?

I understand I will need to draft a full and robust defence in due course, I was just wondering what I should be asking from them in this instance.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 7:36 PM
    • 7,202 Posts
    • 6,680 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 7:36 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:36 PM
    At this stage you should be asking them for all that you are entitled to.

In post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread there is a link to the pre-action protocol for debt claims. It's the fourth link in that post. You need to read that.

The first three links in post #2 of that NEWBIES thread are to robust responses to LBCs.

Everything in that post above the bold words "If you get court claim," is relevant to the stage you are at.

Not sure what more you want.
    • v022980
    • By v022980 10th May 18, 7:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    v022980
    • 10th May 18, 7:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:37 PM
    That's brilliant! My head was just spinning trying to read through so much of the content on these threads. Hard to ascertain what's relevant and what's not. Thanks again for point me in the right direction!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,721Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin