Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Danwan
    • By Danwan 10th May 18, 4:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Danwan
    What are the rules on paying parking on a car that has since been written off?
    • 10th May 18, 4:49 PM
    What are the rules on paying parking on a car that has since been written off? 10th May 18 at 4:49 PM
    Hi,

Full story us this.
    I apparently got a parking notice on the 3rd march which i have not recieved any letters about.
    I have now got a letter from a debt colletion agency national debt collections ltd dated may 3rd, a week before i got the letter.

This parking ticket is for a car that has since been written off, scrapped and i am no longer the registered keeper for. What do?
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 18, 4:52 PM
    • 3,668 Posts
    • 4,831 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th May 18, 4:52 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:52 PM
    Who issued this notice? Were you the keeper at the time it was issued and was the car on the road then?

If it was and was scrapped after the event then it is irrelevant. The event happened and scrapping a vehicle doesn't make it magically unhappen.
    This space for hire.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 5:24 PM
    • 36,343 Posts
    • 20,591 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 5:24 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:24 PM
    Hi,

Full story us this.
    I apparently got a parking notice on the 3rd march which i have not recieved any letters about.
    I have now got a letter from a debt colletion agency national debt collections ltd dated may 3rd, a week before i got the letter.

This parking ticket is for a car that has since been written off, scrapped and i am no longer the registered keeper for. What do?
    Originally posted by Danwan
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this

#4 advises on debt collectors

You writing off the vehicle subsequently is irrelevant!
    • Danwan
    • By Danwan 10th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Danwan
    • 10th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:20 PM
    Firstly it was issued by my uni but i recieved no notice through the post or otherwise
    Now its issued by national debt collections and is the first ive heard ofit
    I figured the write off would mean nothing but thought id ask on thw off chance.

Do i appeal now with the standard letter on the newbies sticky? They dont actually give me anyway to appeal on the website
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 8,080 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 6:44 PM
    • 10th May 18, 6:44 PM
    Danwan, was the address of the registered keeper at the time of the alleged incident your address?
    Or did the letters go to some other address?

What was the address on the vehicle's Registration Document (V5c)?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th May 18, 7:52 PM
    • 18,384 Posts
    • 29,106 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th May 18, 7:52 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:52 PM
    Firstly it was issued by my uni
    Well how do you expect us to know who that was? Who issued the charge is of great importance.

It's like someone asking me, 'Where did you buy that from?', and me answering,'My local shop!'.

Of no help at all!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Slithy Tove
    • By The Slithy Tove 10th May 18, 8:50 PM
    • 3,328 Posts
    • 4,868 Thanks
    The Slithy Tove
    • 10th May 18, 8:50 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:50 PM
    Originally posted by Danwan
    Why do people keep thinking that it's in any way relevant what the state or ownership of a car is NOW for a parking incident that occurred when you were the owner/keeper?

For example: if I drove my car into someone's house, and subsequently scrappped the car, would that make me somehow not responsible for the damage caused?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th May 18, 11:53 PM
    • 59,521 Posts
    • 72,691 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th May 18, 11:53 PM
    • 10th May 18, 11:53 PM
    Who issued the PCN then?

UKPC?

F1rst Parking?

Another PPC?

The University themselves?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

1,384Users online

Martin's Twitter