Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poppy99
    • By poppy99 10th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    poppy99
    Gameseek-returned goods in January still waiting for refund but now in receivership
    • 10th May 18, 4:38 PM
    Gameseek-returned goods in January still waiting for refund but now in receivership 10th May 18 at 4:38 PM
    Hi

Can anyone tell me how I stand, I returned goods in January and have proof of receipt and have contacted them continually since asking where my refund is. I have been fobbed off continually since then as well, the last communication said I should contact Amazon Pay for refund but Amazon Pay told me as payment was processed through Gameseek website it is up to Gameseek to approve refund. Despite 2/3 emails since telling Gameseek this I have not received either a reply or refund. As they have now gone into receivership will I get a refund or is it theft??
Page 1
    • bris
    • By bris 11th May 18, 12:38 AM
    • 7,587 Posts
    • 6,606 Thanks
    bris
    • 11th May 18, 12:38 AM
    • 11th May 18, 12:38 AM
    You won't get a refund and no it's not theft, well it is but it's legalised theft.

The company being in receivership means the receiver will have you on a long list of creditors. When everything is finalised any money is distributed to the creditors at a %, so it could be as little as 5p in the pound ii there is anything at all.
    • Lotak
    • By Lotak 11th May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    Lotak
    • 11th May 18, 1:57 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:57 PM
    I have a similar problem, except rather than receiving and returning an item I had pre-ordered and paid for it (for dispatch in July).

I'm curious where I stand in this. I paid via Paypal.
    Current Debt (excluding mortgage) - £18k
    Aim to clear all debt - Feb 2020
    Current PaD - £206
    • Ectophile
    • By Ectophile 11th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 3,121 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    Ectophile
    • 11th May 18, 9:29 PM
    • 11th May 18, 9:29 PM
    No, it isn't theft.

If the company has gone bust, they can't pay you. If you get yourself added to the list of creditors, you might get lucky and get a few pence back. But don't count on it.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
    • poppy99
    • By poppy99 13th May 18, 8:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    poppy99
    • 13th May 18, 8:17 PM
    Theft
    • 13th May 18, 8:17 PM
    I actually believe it is theft if they asked me to return the item and I have proof of that. Clearly there was never any intention to refund me. They havenít responded to emails about refunds for months as they have only been interested in sales. There was no way of contacting them by telephone which is why I took a snapshot of their online chat request for me to return the item, if I had been able to phone I wouldíve forced them to refund me. I conclude that theyíve known they couldnít refund people for months. If I hadnít had their request to return it for a refund I would have had the option to keep the item or sell it myself!
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 14th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 3,046 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    • 14th May 18, 8:49 AM
    • 14th May 18, 8:49 AM
    Well you are of course entitled to your own opinion of if it is theft or not - but legally itís not.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

957Posts Today

7,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin