Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • buffness
    • By buffness 10th May 18, 4:24 PM
    • 198Posts
    • 46Thanks
    buffness
    Lloyds Bank - Refund on Closed Account
    • 10th May 18, 4:24 PM
    Lloyds Bank - Refund on Closed Account 10th May 18 at 4:24 PM
    Hi MSE Fans,

I received a letter from Lloyds Bank today out of the blue, stating that they owe me a refund on a closed credit card account.

The letter states:

'We have recently undertaken a review of our internal collections processes and have found that between 19 February 2013 and 2 July 2013, following an assessment of your financial circumstances, we did not always take the appropriate course of action when dealing with your account.'

'We are refunding the interest, fees and/or changes on your accound during the period(s) where we did not always take the appropriate course of action based upon our understanding of your circumstances at the time'.

The refund includes interest at 8% and is for a total of 190.82.

I called Lloyds Bank to get some further information as to why this has happened - the advisor explained that a new piece of legislation that was introduced on 01 April 2014 means that lenders are having to conduct a review of closed accounts.

Does anyone know what this is in relation to? He wouldn't go into any further detail. He did explain that when your account was subject to the Collections Department, it was deemed that we did not act appropriately. That's all he said.

If anyone can explain why this has happened, and/or what piece of legislation has been used, that'll be great.

Thanks all!
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th May 18, 4:47 PM
    • 17,792 Posts
    • 18,919 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th May 18, 4:47 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:47 PM
    It's just a review around treating customers fairly.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 11th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 4,119 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 11th May 18, 7:57 AM
    • 11th May 18, 7:57 AM
    They recently did the same for mortgage arrears IIRC.

Good to see when they may have done something not quite right they are ready to go back and fix and notify customers, even if the account is closed.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,537Posts Today

6,896Users online

Martin's Twitter