Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 10th May 18, 3:21 PM
    • 326Posts
    • 155Thanks
    WillPS
    TSB Silver Account - AA Membership Card
    • 10th May 18, 3:21 PM
    TSB Silver Account - AA Membership Card 10th May 18 at 3:21 PM
    QQ - does anybody know if the TSB Silver Account comes with an actual physical AA membership card?
Page 1
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th May 18, 4:15 PM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 44,608 Thanks
    Gers
    • 10th May 18, 4:15 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:15 PM
    QQ - does anybody know if the TSB Silver Account comes with an actual physical AA membership card?
    Originally posted by WillPS
    Don't know, however my Lloyds Premier account (with AA membership) doesn't have a physical card. There's a different number to call the AA which identifies you as a member and your account number is the AA membership number.

Could be the same, again, I don't know.
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 10th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 4,372 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 10th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 10th May 18, 8:24 PM
    I don't believe it does. I think it like the Lloyds accounts mentioned above.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 10th May 18, 9:08 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 985 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 10th May 18, 9:08 PM
    • 10th May 18, 9:08 PM
    They don't like answering the special Lloyds number!
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 11th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 326 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    WillPS
    • 11th May 18, 9:55 AM
    • 11th May 18, 9:55 AM
    Cool, that puts the kibosh on that then
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 11th May 18, 1:35 PM
    • 3,396 Posts
    • 4,372 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 11th May 18, 1:35 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:35 PM
    Were you hoping for a card to use for discount elsewhere?

I can't remember where it is now but recall someone telling me if you show your AA card it such and such place, you will get discount of some sort.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 11th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 3,542 Posts
    • 20,278 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 11th May 18, 1:52 PM
    • 11th May 18, 1:52 PM
    Were you hoping for a card to use for discount elsewhere?

I can't remember where it is now but recall someone telling me if you show your AA card it such and such place, you will get discount of some sort.
    Originally posted by Dobbibill

If that is the reason the OP wants a physical card then it shouldn't stop them as the AA app has a virtual card which can be used to obtain the discounts.

• AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 11th May 18, 4:27 PM
    • 3,381 Posts
    • 985 Thanks
    AndyPK
    • 11th May 18, 4:27 PM
    • 11th May 18, 4:27 PM
    burgerking discounts ?

As a lloyds customer I don't think I can use the app as it requires AA membership number.
    Please tell me how it can be done
    • Gers
    • By Gers 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 44,608 Thanks
    Gers
    • 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    • 12th May 18, 8:15 AM
    They don't like answering the special Lloyds number!
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    Not my experience. I've just the service twice, once a few years ago and the last time two years ago. I had no problems getting through and the required assistance organised.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 12th May 18, 8:18 AM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 44,608 Thanks
    Gers

As a lloyds customer I don't think I can use the app as it requires AA membership number.
    Please tell me how it can be done
    Originally posted by AndyPK
    Have you tried using your Lloyds account number

Have you tried phoning Lloyds / AA to ask?

I've not got the AA app so don't know.
    • WillPS
    • By WillPS 12th May 18, 10:14 AM
    • 326 Posts
    • 155 Thanks
    WillPS
    If that is the reason the OP wants a physical card then it shouldn't stop them as the AA app has a virtual card which can be used to obtain the discounts.
    Originally posted by mije1983
    Specifically the 20% Mitchell and Butler discount. I think I could easily get 9.95/month's worth of value out of that alone. The AA website needs you to put your AA Membership Number in. If you don't have one, no dice.

I'll just get a cheap membership and some standalone phone insurance instead I think.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

137Posts Today

1,532Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin