Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fraggle45
    • By fraggle45 10th May 18, 2:29 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 14Thanks
    fraggle45
    HMRC personal tax account
    • 10th May 18, 2:29 PM
    HMRC personal tax account 10th May 18 at 2:29 PM
    Absolutely going round in circles trying to view my personal tax account especially my NI contributions. I have a government gateway log in which Iíve used for filing self assessment for many years. I went bankrupt two years ago and got a new UTR and new gateway log in. When I go through the process of following the links to log into my personal tax account Iím just taken to my self assessment page every time which has no mention of NI or any of the other services such as the pension checker.
    Fed up with it all and canít get any answers. Emails to HMRC get stupid replies that donít relate to the issue.
    Anyone got any ideas how to link self assessment to the personal tax account?
    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 10th May 18, 2:32 PM
    • 2,444 Posts
    • 8,828 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 10th May 18, 2:32 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:32 PM
    This is the link I use to check my tax & NI https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/gg/sign-in?continue=%2Fpersonal-account%2Fdo-uplift%3FredirectUrl%3D%252Fpersonal-account&accountType=individual&origin=PERTAX
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydioín ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.

• fraggle45
    • By fraggle45 10th May 18, 2:41 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    fraggle45
    • 10th May 18, 2:41 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:41 PM
    Thanks for that unfortunately been through it many times and I!!!8217;m always just taken to my self assessment account. I!!!8217;ve followed every link going on the gov website same thing on every one!
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 10th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 26,478 Posts
    • 15,721 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 10th May 18, 3:35 PM
    • 10th May 18, 3:35 PM
    Are you able to use this?

https://www.gov.uk/check-state-pension
    • fraggle45
    • By fraggle45 10th May 18, 4:14 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    fraggle45
    • 10th May 18, 4:14 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:14 PM
    Nope, with that one I canít get past verification of my identity. Think Iím going to have to ring them up, the e-mail system is very poor. The first time they sent a reply and told me to use a link then didnít provide a link. The second time they just said they couldnít help and I had a tried registering which considering I was using private messages that come with registration was an absolutely stupid suggestion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,663Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin