Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Davidstephenswift
    • By Davidstephenswift 10th May 18, 11:12 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Davidstephenswift
    Gas charge from 2017
    • 10th May 18, 11:12 AM
    Gas charge from 2017 10th May 18 at 11:12 AM
    energy charger e.on says I was credited twice in march2017 with £217+ just informed me on 8/5/2018 complained .theyoffered£15 token gesture ??any help.next
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th May 18, 12:09 PM
    • 6,067 Posts
    • 3,741 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 10th May 18, 12:09 PM
    • 10th May 18, 12:09 PM
    energy charger e.on says I was credited twice in march2017 with £217+ just informed me on 8/5/2018 complained .theyoffered£15 token gesture ??any help.next
    Originally posted by Davidstephenswift
    There is no scam here and it isn't an issue that Ofgem will be at all interested in. An overpayment has been made and the supplier is asking for re-payment and offering a goodwill gesture in recognition of its mistake. I am sure, if asked, the supplier would agree a re-payment plan.

Edit: There was a post above mine which suggested that this was a scam. The post has since been removed.
    Last edited by Hengus; 10-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    • 10th May 18, 12:25 PM
    • 10th May 18, 12:25 PM
    Good afternoon Davidstephenswift and welcome to the forums.

Thank you Hengus,

It sounds to me like we have issued a refund twice at your review date, refunds at this time are done automatically.

I can see it has now been picked up and the incorrect refund will need to be repaid, as Hengus says have we offered a payment plan if this was our mistake, this is something you should ask for.

As you've been offered a £15 goodwill payment it sounds like you have an open complaint on the account, I would suggest speaking to your complaints manager to discuss a payment arrangement.

Thank you
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

312Posts Today

3,582Users online

Martin's Twitter