Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stellar
    • By stellar 10th May 18, 10:34 AM
    • 66Posts
    • 813Thanks
    stellar
    Admin error?
    • 10th May 18, 10:34 AM
    Admin error? 10th May 18 at 10:34 AM
    A letter was addressed to my home but to someone not known to me and who definitely does not live here! I returned it to the sender.

A couple of days later home insurance documents arrived addressed to the same person, who does not live here, but for my house!

I was, again, going to return to sender but then decided to open it and I rang the insurance company who were as perplexed as I am.

I know when you select an address by the 'start typing' method another similar address to mine pops up but at the other end of the Country and I would have thought it is one of the most important things to check when taking out insurance, although it could be an admin error if this was done over the phone and not the person taking out the insurance.

Should I be worried?
    No spam please I'm British!
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 10th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 35,600 Posts
    • 19,813 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 10th May 18, 10:56 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:56 AM
    Should I be worried?
    Originally posted by stellar
    No.

Just return mail marked not known at this address
    Last edited by Quentin; 10-05-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    • stellar
    • By stellar 10th May 18, 11:04 AM
    • 66 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    stellar
    • 10th May 18, 11:04 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:04 AM
    [QUOTE=Quentin;74268121]No.

Thank you for your prompt reply, I'll take your word for it!

Too much paranoia these days surrounding identity theft, credit ratings etc.!
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 26,948 Posts
    • 10,849 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th May 18, 5:43 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:43 PM
    You said its not in your name so your identity is safe.

Simpy as someone keyed in the wrong door number.

I had insurance delivered here for someone that used to live the other end of the street and moved out. The insurance was supposed to be for their new property yet Swinton managed to send it to me. All their personal info. Job details and contact details and bank account details.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • stellar
    • By stellar 10th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    stellar
    • 10th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 10th May 18, 5:51 PM
    You said its not in your name so your identity is safe.

Simpy as someone keyed in the wrong door number.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Thank you, I hadn't thought of that, just the wrong number!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,721Posts Today

7,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin