Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Swipe
    • By Swipe 10th May 18, 9:48 AM
    • 2,229Posts
    • 1,180Thanks
    Swipe
    Power of attorney query
    • 10th May 18, 9:48 AM
    Power of attorney query 10th May 18 at 9:48 AM
    I'm about to have the lasting power of attorney conversation with my parents but I have one question which is not clear. Does a separate LPA need to be set up for both parents individually even though they are married or does a single application cover both parents?
Page 1
    • kkgree1
    • By kkgree1 10th May 18, 10:18 AM
    • 307 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    kkgree1
    • 10th May 18, 10:18 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:18 AM
    Separate applications for each parent I'm afraid
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 10th May 18, 11:36 AM
    • 4,995 Posts
    • 5,559 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 10th May 18, 11:36 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:36 AM
    Separate applications for each parent I'm afraid
    Originally posted by kkgree1
    And if you donít already have your own in place sort that out at the same time.

I would recommend that each LPA appoints at least 2 attorneys with the ability to act jointly and severally. We have 3 attorneys, each other and our 2 children.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,344Posts Today

5,627Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin