Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tudorfan22
    • By tudorfan22 10th May 18, 8:53 AM
    • 428Posts
    • 1,523Thanks
    tudorfan22
    HCBS bonus not paid
    • 10th May 18, 8:53 AM
    HCBS bonus not paid 10th May 18 at 8:53 AM
    Can someone help me, I switched to HSBC and havent been paid my 150 incentive yet, most people got the bonus within 10 working day but mine has been over a month. I suspect it was because I didn!!!8217;t pay in 1750 in the first month, I totally forgot the minimum amount and stupidly only paid in 1600 thinking it would be enough, this month ive paid in 1750, but is it too late, have I missed out on the bonus because of this first month? Fyi the 2 direct debits have gone out so that adheres to the terms
    Last edited by tudorfan22; 10-05-2018 at 11:56 AM.
    )

Page 1
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 7,086 Posts
    • 7,505 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    Can someone help me, I switched to HSBC and haven!!!8217;t been paid my 150 incentive yet, most people got the bonus within 10 working day but mine has been over a month. I suspect it was because I didn!!!8217;t pay in 1750 in the first month, I totally forgot the minimum amount and stupidly only paid in 1600 thinking it would be enough, this month ive paid in 1750, but is it too late, have I missed out on the bonus because of this first month? Fyi the 2 direct debits have gone out so that adheres to the terms
    Originally posted by tudorfan22
    The terms at https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-app-content/content/pws/content/personal/pdfs/HSBC_200_Switching_offer.pdf state that the initial 150 bonus is paid "within 50 days of the switch completion date", but if you're concerned that you may not qualify for this then contact HSBC to check if this is actually the case and if so, if the situation is irretrievable or if there's anything you can do....

You might want to edit the title of your post so that people know which company it refers to!
    • Milarky
    • By Milarky 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    • 6,268 Posts
    • 2,202 Thanks
    Milarky
    • 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    Well I'm paying in 1750 per month every month to guarantee receipt the further 50 at the opening anniversary (even though you only need to meet the paying condition for 9 out 12 months anyway)

What has me confused is that the Promotional Terms and Conidtions don't describe this but merely state

"Eligibility Criteria for Further Offer Payment
    We will make the Further Offer Payment described at clause 11
    if you comply with all the following requirements, namely:
    a.
    you qualified for, and received, the Initial Offer Payment described
    at clause 5;
    b.
    you continue to hold the Eligible Account which was opened in
    accordance with these Offer Terms at the time of the Further Offer
    Payment;
    c.
    you have met the conditions for the Eligible Account which was
    opened for at least 9 of the 12 months following the Eligible Account
    being opened. For further details of these conditions please see the
    relevant section of the Product Terms; and
    d.
    you registered for online and/or mobile banking within 60 days of
    the Eligible Account being opened.
    Further Offer Payment
    If you meet the requirements to qualify for the Further Offer
    Payment as described at clause 10, we will make the Further Offer
    Payment of 50 within the 30 day period beginning on the 12 month
    anniversary of the Eligible Account being opened. The payment will
    be made by a direct credit into your Eligible Account"

I would say that even if the condition to hold this Premier Account does require a monthly receipt of at least 1750 then you are already complying from the second month on. Merely by maintaining this account type and not changing it themselves leaves HSBC accountable to the terms of the offer. So I would say just ask them for the payment now assuming it is actually overdue.
    Last edited by Milarky; 10-05-2018 at 2:44 PM.
    .....under construction....
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 10th May 18, 2:55 PM
    • 1,663 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 10th May 18, 2:55 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:55 PM
    As Eskbanker says, you'd be better asking HSBC why you haven't been paid it and then come here and deal with their reply rather than 2nd guess & debate and find it's something else totally.
    Last edited by soulsaver; 10-05-2018 at 2:57 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

803Posts Today

5,794Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin