Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Florioli
    • By Florioli 10th May 18, 7:43 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Florioli
    Damaged bed canít get refund as company say they are in adminitration
    • 10th May 18, 7:43 AM
    Damaged bed canít get refund as company say they are in adminitration 10th May 18 at 7:43 AM
    We recently bought a bed from BedzRus that is quite badly damaged, I sent photoís of the damage as requested and at first they said they would send a new headboard which was the first damage I noticed. As I continued to open the packaging there was further damage to the feet and the bottom board. It was at this point I asked for a refund using the money saving expert letter. I was then ignored by BedzRus for 1 week and finally informed (after continual e mails and voicemail) that they had gone into administration and can not help me. We bought the bed with a debit card. I have looked on companies house and it does not say that they are in trouble on there and their website is still up and running. What are my options here as the bed cost nearly £700?
Page 1
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th May 18, 7:58 AM
    • 11,243 Posts
    • 8,049 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 10th May 18, 7:58 AM
    • 10th May 18, 7:58 AM
    Try a chargeback from your card supplier.
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 10th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 4,457 Posts
    • 4,982 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 10th May 18, 9:17 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:17 AM
    As you say there's no evidence they are in administration so start action against them for breach of contract by a Letter Before Action.

Also as Neil says start a chargeback on your debit card.

And next time buy on credit card.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04916413
    • Florioli
    • By Florioli 10th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Florioli
    • 10th May 18, 11:24 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:24 AM
    Thank you Neil and Rob,

I did send the breach of contract letter giving them 14 days and that is when they responded saying they were in administration.

I believe my husband used PayPal for the transaction. Does the charge back work the same way with them?

Thanks again
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 10th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 4,457 Posts
    • 4,982 Thanks
    robatwork
    • 10th May 18, 4:08 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:08 PM
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/chargebacks

Previous threads on here would suggest paypal isn't good - an extra layer of complication to getting your money back somewhere between doing a direct bank transfer and a debit card.

They may be on their way into administration, so possibly worth a moneyclaim online, but this could be good money after bad.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th May 18, 7:08 PM
    • 8,059 Posts
    • 7,920 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th May 18, 7:08 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:08 PM
    Doesn't Paypal's buyer protection help you?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,187Posts Today

7,150Users online

Martin's Twitter