Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobbyfz8
    • By Bobbyfz8 10th May 18, 5:45 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bobbyfz8
    Mortgage PPI on. Repossessed house.
    • 10th May 18, 5:45 AM
    Mortgage PPI on. Repossessed house. 10th May 18 at 5:45 AM
    Some years ago I had a mortgage on a property with my wife. Unfortunately she injured her self at work and subsequently lost her job.

This meant that I struggled to meet all of our payment commitments. I received very little help from northern rock and they eventually convinced me that voluntary surrendering the property was the only way to go. It is looking like I had PPI on the mortgage that they never made me aware of.

Has anyone been or dealt with a similar situation
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 5,340 Posts
    • 5,937 Thanks
    societys child
    • 10th May 18, 9:26 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:26 AM
    Who was the ppi with, who sold you it?
    NR may not have known you had a ppi policy

• dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 10th May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 94,536 Posts
    • 62,476 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 10th May 18, 9:45 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:45 AM
    It is looking like I had PPI on the mortgage that they never made me aware of.
    Perhaps they were not aware of it. Most NR mortgages were not put in place by NR but by brokers/advisers/estate agents. Any insurances arranged by them would not be known by NR.

How did you buy your mortgage and insurances?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,587Posts Today

7,872Users online

Martin's Twitter