Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hollyharvey
    • By Hollyharvey 10th May 18, 4:42 AM
    • 1,650Posts
    • 18,142Thanks
    Hollyharvey
    Old Style Daily Thursday 10th May 2016
    • 10th May 18, 4:42 AM
    Old Style Daily Thursday 10th May 2016 10th May 18 at 4:42 AM
    This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
Page 2
    • Mrs Salad Dodger
    • By Mrs Salad Dodger 10th May 18, 2:00 PM
    • 1,028 Posts
    • 11,864 Thanks
    Mrs Salad Dodger
    LameWolf have a great holiday - I for one will miss you
    MrsSD
    • meanmarie
    • By meanmarie 10th May 18, 2:01 PM
    • 5,005 Posts
    • 48,579 Thanks
    meanmarie
    Afternoon everybody,

Happy holiday wishes for Csarina and LameWolf and their respective spouses.....

OH having shooting pains in his head for the past week, he is having a CT scan tomorrow and on docs advice has been taking paracetemol. He has developed an angry rash on his chest and back today.......waiting for call from GP to advise on correct procedure. All these scares usually end in nothing so am not worried.....just feel overwhelmed with driving him here there and yonder.....sign of a bad wife probably!

Holly.....glad that some positive action has been taken on your health issues, as others have said, all praise for your GP.

Judi....hope that your medication kicks in soon, having to constantly rush to the loo is not pleasant.

Am trialling a new recipe or to be honest a mixture of 2 or 3 recipes to make a turkey meat loaf for dinner......not sure what will go with the loaf, so thinking cap will need to be involved!

Temperature is only around 10c here, sky is cloudy, some clouds are very dark, but so far we have only had a couple of sprinkles of rain.

OH has an appointment with his Warfarin clinic this morning, we went for brea!!!311;fast afterwards, OH mistakenly put 20c coin in meter (should have been 50), so we came out to a €40 parking fine....was furious, but nothing I could do, we were 19 minutes over!

Have as good a day as possible, back later maybe

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • archived user
    Have a lovely holiday Lamewolf and Csarina. Have a safe journey both of you.

Judi, inconsiderate neighbours are a PITA & bin men not doing their job properly always seems to happen after a BH Hope ‘Blackun’s ‘ OK now
    She was a bit off for a couple of hours as you can see but after a good long bask in the sunshine she is a lot happier now. The warm water did its magic on her eye as you can see. Its her right eye.

Thankfully the general waste bin men took my recyclables. Sorry for the planet and all that but i'm not having rubbish stuck in my garden for another fortnight.

Some good news about Grumps next job in Wales. He was headhunted some time back but the negotiations are complete. Looks like he will be taking Youngest with him when Youngest is fully qualified he's a 2nd year apprentice at the moment but theres no rush to complete his apprenticeship. The job is on an 18 month contract.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 10th May 18, 3:13 PM
    • 16,264 Posts
    • 138,807 Thanks
    JackieO
    Good afternoon chums I am a very happy lady today this morning my eldest DD had her interview for a new job and totally smashed it and
    starts on 11th June after she returns from holiday. She was made redundant at Easter, and had been there for 17 years so was feeling very nervous about her interview.
    I am so pleased for her as this year has been a particularly sad one with her, losing her pa-in-law our brave Frank, and another relative within a month of each other .

But the week started well with her DD Holly getting engaged and now her new job so all we need now is for her OH Ashley to find a new job, as he too was made redundant a week after her !! really bad run of luck in their house. But maybe their luck is turning at last

Holly H what a smashing Dr. you have, and its great that things are getting better for you.You are sounding a bit more positive by the day honey maybe your bad patch is turning as well I do hope so.

Nelski I too am finding Jeremy Clarkson a darned sight better than Tarrant in the WWTBAM programme.The slightly edgy tone is very entertaining and a darned sight less smug and patronising than CT

Snoozer hope you are feeling a bit better its horrible when you have a fall, really shakes you up , a nice cuppa and some cake (for medicinal purposes of course ) may help

To everyone who is holidaying I hope you all have nice weather and come home safe 'n'sound and regenerated.

Gardener came this morning and my garden is looking pin-neat and very inviting ,but the sun has decided to go behind a cloud so no sitting out for me ,but I can sit in the conservatory and look at it at least

Enjoy your day chums what ever you are doing

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Half year totals = £166.19. July added equals £204 .29,Todays August food shop added equals £227.75
    1st Sept £34.66:15th Sept £34.44 totals £262.19
    • snoozer
    • By snoozer 10th May 18, 3:31 PM
    • 2,115 Posts
    • 22,109 Thanks
    snoozer
    LW have a great holiday. Yes, Ziggy was very good, you would love her I'm sure. Over the years I have owned or lived with labradors, miniature poodles, cockers and springers and they have all been lovely dogs but I think Ziggy has stolen my heart more than any of them.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th May 18, 4:26 PM
    • 6,688 Posts
    • 43,474 Thanks
    Gers
    Afternoon all - the sun is out and shining! Had a false start with it this morning and I had put out a small wash. It got another rinse but is all dry now.

My session at school was cancelled as the one student doing the exam had withdrawn. As no-one told the SQA team I still get paid for turning up. That gave me time to drop into the health food shop which had polenta. So, there's now a lemony polenta cake in the oven. I have to make the icing sugar / lemon juice mix to drizzle over it and then the lemon / marscapone cheese filling.

LW and csarina - hope you and your famiies have a relaxing and refreshing holiday each. Of course we'll miss you!

JackieO - such lovely news for the end of the week! Congrats to your DD.

I've got a couple of TV progs to catch up with so that may be my next couple of hours.
    • Hard Up Hester
    • By Hard Up Hester 10th May 18, 4:29 PM
    • 3,874 Posts
    • 49,424 Thanks
    Hard Up Hester
    No Floss he doesn't but even if he did we still don't want to be home so late.
    Chin up, Titus out.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 10th May 18, 4:45 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 12,013 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all
    The weather here is quite pleasant, warm and sunny, although we are due rain later.
    Our trip to Trago Mills was ok but I'm going to buy two of those child wrist reins, one for Mr Fix It and one for Dad ! (At one point I lost both of them). It is a massive shop with everything in it from plasters to sofas and even a kitchen sink, but you have to be careful as some items are cheaper elsewhere. We only managed to do less than half when Dad wanted lunch . (Apparently he hadn't had any breakfast ). We have decided to go back when we come home from our next holiday as we only saw about 2/3 as Dad couldn't walk around anymore. However it's only about 40 mins away instead of the Newton Abbott one at 2hrs.
    Anyway the only thing I have done today is fill the DW and put it on . Mr Fix It is trying to print out some photos but the printer keeps saying no ! So he's quickly losing his rag with it. I shall try and distract him with some food .
    Holly kudos to your GP. I hope things will finally get moving in the correct direction now.
    Csarina and LW hope you both have a lovely break.
    Snoozer Hope you are ok after your fall.
    Judi I too have an inconsiderate neighbour who tried to fill my bin on Monday. I went to put my rubbish in my bin and found his bag in there. I took it out and put it on his drive by the side of his van, his face in the morning was a picture . Don't suppose he'll get the message though .
    Nelski slow down! I hope your spa break does you some good. I too love the big bang theory and now the young sheldon one.
    MeanMarie I hope your OH is ok, I shall send healing vibes.
    JackieO please send your gardener my way. Our garden seems to have exploded while we were away and everything needs trimming.
    MrsSD bonne apre-midi ! Seems that you are winning on the de-cluttering. Keep up the good work
    Hope everyone has had a good day. Sending healing thoughts to the poorly and hugs all round.
    Take care
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 10th May 18, 5:20 PM
    • 2,239 Posts
    • 22,853 Thanks
    csarina2
    Nanny we are hoping to go to Trago at Liskard on Tuesday on the way to our holiday accommodation. for any one who is nosy its Penvith Barns.
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 10th May 18, 5:27 PM
    • 572 Posts
    • 7,917 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Hmmm....I remember the very first Trago Mills.....it was a long time ago!
    • ancientofdays
    • By ancientofdays 10th May 18, 8:07 PM
    • 1,818 Posts
    • 22,172 Thanks
    ancientofdays
    Just a quick check in to wish LameWolf and csarina2 a great holiday and wonderful news for your daughter JackieO.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
    • Lindsay C
    • By Lindsay C 10th May 18, 8:18 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 487 Thanks
    Lindsay C
    Just wanted to wave hello as I've finally been able to log in after nearly a year! I read every day and feel like I "know" you all. You've helped me through some dark days since I was diagnosed with MS in Feb. I send all my love and hugs to you all
  • archived user
    Just wanted to wave hello as I've finally been able to log in after nearly a year! I read every day and feel like I "know" you all. You've helped me through some dark days since I was diagnosed with MS in Feb. I send all my love and hugs to you all
    Originally posted by Lindsay C
    Hello Lindsay. Thanks for delurking a big hello and welcome to the thread.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 10th May 18, 9:04 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 12,013 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Hi all
    Am I going ga ga or does the date at the top of the thread read 10th May 2016 to anyone ?
    Hello too to Lindsey. Looking forward to seeing you post. Welcome
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • archived user
    Hi all
    Am I going ga ga or does the date at the top of the thread read 10th May 2016 to anyone ?
    Hello too to Lindsey. Looking forward to seeing you post. Welcome
    Originally posted by nannywindow
    Haha well spotted. I hadn't noticed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

582Posts Today

6,145Users online

Martin's Twitter