Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Oprynashville
    • By Oprynashville 10th May 18, 12:37 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Oprynashville
    Humax 1100s advice
    • 10th May 18, 12:37 AM
    Humax 1100s advice 10th May 18 at 12:37 AM
    I have just had my new 1100s Humax box installed today , I found this site by mistake and was interested in the problems and advice some people had with their boxes, I hope I do not have any problems, but I would just like to say Hello to everyone
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 10th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 2,355 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 10th May 18, 9:25 AM
    • 10th May 18, 9:25 AM
    I have two, what issues are you expecting? Though they won't work in the USA.
    • qsk
    • By qsk 10th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 283 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    qsk
    • 10th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:35 AM
    List of my problems (mine is less than 1 years old from Amazon):
    1) Noisy, in comparison with Sky box. You can literally hear the hard disk spinning from sofa;
    2) Loss of sound next day when it was not turned off overnight. You have to reboot (unplug/plug) to get the sound back;
    3) Intermittently lose internet connection (I use powerline adapters).
    Not sure if these are "features" or just faults with my unit.
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 10th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 2,428 Posts
    • 3,281 Thanks
    Robisere
    • 10th May 18, 7:45 PM
    • 10th May 18, 7:45 PM
    What broadband speeds do you get? I get just 10.5Mbps Download and 0.5mbps Up. I have an HDR 1100 S and a Sony Bravia 40" TV, both connected to a Samsung soundbar via an optical link and HDMI. When the Humax is switched off, the soundbar goes off after about 15 minutes and has to be restarted when the Humax is switched on, to get sound. If you are not using a soundbar, but using just TV sound, I believe from memory (before the soundbar) that TV sound starts and goes off when the Humax is on or off.

Try disconnecting the Humax if you have a TV antenna, and switching to Freeview. I keep the Freeview option and antenna in reserve, in case of problems. If you can use Freeview sound with TV only, but not with the Humax connected, that means that sound starts and stops with the Humax on or off.

I also connect the Humax with Cat 5e Ethernet cable, which is a stronger, faster, more reliable connection than powerline adapters. Wifi is simply a non-starter. The cable runs across my loft from the router to the wall behind the Humax.

There is no noise from the Hdd in my Humax: how old is yours? the Hdd may be on its way out.
    Last edited by Robisere; 10-05-2018 at 7:50 PM.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,640Posts Today

9,611Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Are you an overdraft prisoner? How to escape it! My new blog on ways to get rid of your overdraft... https://t.co/KbJwbWLFQI

• RT @bbc5live: .@MartinSLewis joins @annaefoster from midday to answer your money saving questions. ???? 08085 909 693 ???? 85058 Or post your q?

• Follow Martin