Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Patr100
    • By Patr100 9th May 18, 11:45 PM
    • 1,357Posts
    • 570Thanks
    Patr100
    Why is the energy club cost estimate so inaccurate?
    • 9th May 18, 11:45 PM
    Why is the energy club cost estimate so inaccurate? 9th May 18 at 11:45 PM
    I'm a relatively low gas user on Ebico zero.
    I enter the Kwh annual count from last 12 months provided by ebico which is 2963. Ebico estimate I pay about 149 a year, which is about right.
    Yet the energy club on the same Kwh figure says I am currently paying 422 a year!

If this is so inaccurate to start with , how can it get comparisons right?
    ---I Shop Therefore I Am ---
Page 1
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 10th May 18, 6:15 AM
    • 3,157 Posts
    • 1,387 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 10th May 18, 6:15 AM
    • 10th May 18, 6:15 AM
    Are you sure the tariff you've selected is correct. IE not the prepay tariff?

Darren
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 75 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:30 AM
    I'm a relatively low gas user on Ebico zero.
    I enter the Kwh annual count from last 12 months provided by ebico which is 2963. Ebico estimate I pay about 149 a year, which is about right.
    Yet the energy club on the same Kwh figure says I am currently paying 422 a year!

If this is so inaccurate to start with , how can it get comparisons right?
    Originally posted by Patr100
    Usually it's as a result of GIGO

My guess is that you are hoping to compare the price of gas tariffs, but have input the figures for electricity.

• Patr100
    • By Patr100 10th May 18, 2:06 PM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    Patr100
    • 10th May 18, 2:06 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:06 PM
    Nope, none of the above. All the tariffs inputs etc are correct . My pure kwh count for electricity is actually lower than that for gas so accidentally inputting that would not have given a bigger figure. What confused me is that when summarising the figures , it lists a cumulative annual/monthly figure for both gas and electricity even if you are not a dual fuel with the same supplier but with two different suppliers.
    Would have been helpful to split them in the summary page as tariffs end at different points.
    Last edited by Patr100; 10-05-2018 at 2:09 PM.
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 10th May 18, 2:19 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 10th May 18, 2:19 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:19 PM
    Nope, none of the above. All the tariffs inputs etc are correct . My pure kwh count for electricity is actually lower than that for gas so accidentally inputting that would not have given a bigger figure. What confused me is that when summarising the figures , it lists a cumulative annual/monthly figure for both gas and electricity even if you are not a dual fuel with the same supplier but with two different suppliers.
    Would have been helpful to split them in the summary page as tariffs end at different points.
    Originally posted by Patr100
    Any more clues (like telling us the exact data you have input; postcode, usage data for each fuel, etc), or are we expected to keep guessing?

Not sure what you mean by "tariffs end at different points"
    Ebico Zero is a never-ending tariff.

Pretty sure you only get one DD collection per month on Ebico Zero too, so not sure why you want the costs split.

But if you click on 'feedback & info', that will give you the individual annual cost of each fuel (for the tariff you have selected)
    Divide by 12 for the estimated monthly collection amount.
    Last edited by Flt. Lt. Biggles; 10-05-2018 at 2:21 PM.
    • Patr100
    • By Patr100 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    Patr100
    • 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:37 PM
    Any more clues (like telling us the exact data you have input; postcode, usage data for each fuel, etc), or are we expected to keep guessing?

Not sure what you mean by "tariffs end at different points"
    Ebico Zero is a never-ending tariff.

Pretty sure you only get one DD collection per month on Ebico Zero too, so not sure why you want the costs split.

But if you click on 'feedback & info', that will give you the individual annual cost of each fuel (for the tariff you have selected)
    Divide by 12 for the estimated monthly collection amount.
    Originally posted by Flt. Lt. Biggles
    I just already answered my own question. Read my answer again.
    This the cumulative figure but AS I SAID includes both electricity and Gas from two different suppliers, hence the confusion.
    • Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • By Flt. Lt. Biggles 10th May 18, 2:40 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Flt. Lt. Biggles
    • 10th May 18, 2:40 PM
    • 10th May 18, 2:40 PM
    Well done, I don't think anyone would have come up with that explanation without you explaining it to us

I know I would certainly not have come up with that explanation as it displays differently on my computer

I've used different consumption figures (and probably a different supply region) so the costs are different, but the format is what I refer to.

If you only want to compare gas tariffs, you can select this within the CEC, and you will only be shown your cost for gas.
    Last edited by Flt. Lt. Biggles; 10-05-2018 at 2:55 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,378Posts Today

7,578Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin