Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 9th May 18, 10:30 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    Help to buy: ISA error code 9100212
    • 9th May 18, 10:30 PM
    Help to buy: ISA error code 9100212 9th May 18 at 10:30 PM
    I registered for ISA help to buy saving account in December 2017 and since April 2018 i can't cash in any money and keeps saying error 9100212. Can anyone explain to me why i can't top up my saving account? as it's getting quiet frustrating right now not being able to pay in anything for 2+ months...Or if there's nothing i can do; can i possible delete the current account i have and set up a new one?

*I'm with Halifax*
    Last edited by JessicaCooper; 09-05-2018 at 10:48 PM.
Page 1
    • Plus
    • By Plus 9th May 18, 10:34 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    Plus
    • 9th May 18, 10:34 PM
    • 9th May 18, 10:34 PM
    You'll have to ask your provider what the problem is - since you don't say who they are I don't think there's much else we can suggest.
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 9th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    • 9th May 18, 10:49 PM
    • 9th May 18, 10:49 PM
    Sorry forgot to put that! I'm with halifax
    • AirlieBird
    • By AirlieBird 9th May 18, 11:17 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 849 Thanks
    AirlieBird
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 PM
    • 9th May 18, 11:17 PM
    I suspect you are trying to fund the account by transfer. You can only do this during the first 21 days from opening after which all payments into the ISA have to be by standing order.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 9th May 18, 11:43 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    • 9th May 18, 11:43 PM
    • 9th May 18, 11:43 PM
    I may sound a bit darf now but i don't understand that.

But yes i am trying to pay in with transfer from my other account (main one) but does that mean i can pay in after the 21st of the month? or?.....

When i try topping up on my computer this message pop's up hence why im confused

"The ISA limit for this tax year is 20,000. This is the total you can pay in to all your ISAs, not counting Junior ISAs.
    You can only pay into one cash ISA in each tax year. A flexible ISA allows you to withdraw and pay back into the same ISA account within the tax year. Any amount you do withdraw from your flexible ISA will be added to your remaining allowance for that tax year.
    Your remaining allowance for the current tax year is 0."
    Last edited by JessicaCooper; 09-05-2018 at 11:49 PM.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th May 18, 12:12 AM
    • 8,006 Posts
    • 8,922 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th May 18, 12:12 AM
    • 10th May 18, 12:12 AM
    I may sound a bit darf now but i don't understand that.

But yes i am trying to pay in with transfer from my other account (main one) but does that mean i can pay in after the 21st of the month? or?.....
    Originally posted by JessicaCooper
    The Ts & Cs of this account state that you "Must pay your monthly deposit by one standing order, which we must receive on or before 25th of the month" - have you set up a standing order to make one payment per month?

Did you definitely get the HTB ISA properly up and running by getting it funded with your initial payment that first month?

How much have you been paying in so far, and how?

When i try topping up on my computer this message pop's up hence why im confused

"The ISA limit for this tax year is 20,000. This is the total you can pay in to all your ISAs, not counting Junior ISAs.
    You can only pay into one cash ISA in each tax year. A flexible ISA allows you to withdraw and pay back into the same ISA account within the tax year. Any amount you do withdraw from your flexible ISA will be added to your remaining allowance for that tax year.
    Your remaining allowance for the current tax year is 0."
    Do you have any other ISAs and if so, how much have you paid in and when?
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 10th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    • 10th May 18, 10:47 AM
    • 10th May 18, 10:47 AM
    I haven't set up a standing order as I've been paying by transferring money from my original account made with Halifax the actual account that I have a card to.

I think I did as everything was working fine before I created the account in Febuary not sure what date tho and so far I have 20 in there as I've only started working December however I've paided in 5 on the 19th of Febuary, in March 5th I've paid 15 and in April I couldn't pay in anything.

No I don't have any other ISA account.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th May 18, 11:12 AM
    • 8,006 Posts
    • 8,922 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 10th May 18, 11:12 AM
    • 10th May 18, 11:12 AM
    I think it's most likely to be your failure to pay in by standing order that's the cause, as it looked like it on the only other mention of this error code on this site: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70561203#post70561203

However, we're just speculating and Halifax should be able to confirm and advise you of your options so best to contact them and ask - a HTB ISA can be closed and a new one opened in the following tax year but that would obviously be a long wait from now.

Also worth bearing in mind that, with all due respect, a few quid here and there really isn't going to be a viable way of accumulating a deposit, so while 20 is (slightly) better than nothing, do you have a realistic plan for funding a property purchase?
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 10th May 18, 12:36 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    • 10th May 18, 12:36 PM
    • 10th May 18, 12:36 PM
    I had a realistic plan at the start at least 10 per month until I earn more however then family stuff happened and my parents had to borrow money from me which ended up in me being skint so I couldn't pay in one or two months.

I'll arrange a meeting with Halifax at some point this week for next week however, can I possible close it myself? Or do Halifax need to do that for me? If i can close it myself how do i do that as waiting a year won't be that hard for me I'll just get a regular saver within that time.
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 10th May 18, 3:48 PM
    • 8,006 Posts
    • 8,922 Thanks
    eskbanker
    I had a realistic plan at the start at least 10 per month until I earn more however then family stuff happened and my parents had to borrow money from me which ended up in me being skint so I couldn't pay in one or two months.

I'll arrange a meeting with Halifax at some point this week for next week however, can I possible close it myself? Or do Halifax need to do that for me? If i can close it myself how do i do that as waiting a year won't be that hard for me I'll just get a regular saver within that time.
    To be honest I'd just call their standard phone helpline and ask what the issue is, they may be able to resolve it for you over the phone without the need for either scheduling a meeting or closing and reopening accounts....
    • JessicaCooper
    • By JessicaCooper 10th May 18, 8:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JessicaCooper
    Alright I'll do that, thank you very much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

188Posts Today

1,913Users online

Martin's Twitter