Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WhiteFiverMan
    • By WhiteFiverMan 9th May 18, 10:20 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    WhiteFiverMan
    Wanting to pay for my broadband, but Provider does not recognise me
    • 9th May 18, 10:20 PM
    Wanting to pay for my broadband, but Provider does not recognise me 9th May 18 at 10:20 PM
    Hello,
    Be gentle please, this is my first time on here.

Over 18 months ago, yes 18 months, I joined BT Broadband fibre provider. All hooked up, everything working.
    Then when I never got a bill, I rang them 6 times over the following month or so, and they kept saying they have no record of me.

I said that is impossible as the Open reach chaps had been to my house 3 times already, and hooked me up. I told them my address, my phone number etc, and basically said the same thing, "That my line had not been 'handed over' or signed over? ... "

I gave up after a while. What do I do now? or one day will I be landed with a huge bill?

My landline is with Sky... that is fine.
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 10th May 18, 8:01 AM
    • 10,438 Posts
    • 4,391 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 10th May 18, 8:01 AM
    • 10th May 18, 8:01 AM
    Use your BT Members pages > Help/ community forum /Billing .
    Usually gets a CS response .
    • anactuary
    • By anactuary 10th May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 643 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    anactuary
    • 10th May 18, 3:01 PM
    • 10th May 18, 3:01 PM
    I didn't think you could have BT broadband with a Sky landline, which may be the issue. See the first reply on this thread.

It may be worth double checking your Sky bill to ensure you don't have Sky broadband as well as a Sky landline.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th May 18, 3:16 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 637 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th May 18, 3:16 PM
    • 10th May 18, 3:16 PM
    Correct - you cannot get BT Broadband on a Sky PSTN line
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 10th May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 20,148 Posts
    • 11,094 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 10th May 18, 4:37 PM
    • 10th May 18, 4:37 PM
    My landline is with Sky... .
    Originally posted by WhiteFiverMan
    So is your Broadband. Look at your Sky bill, it will be itemised there.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,438Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin