Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shvinder
    • By shvinder 9th May 18, 9:53 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    shvinder
    PCN received after 3 months of offence!
    • 9th May 18, 9:53 PM
    PCN received after 3 months of offence! 9th May 18 at 9:53 PM
    Hey

I received a parking ticket from a private car park from a ANPR. I have read a few threads and since i hadn't received the PCN notice within the 14days from the offence, I wasn't liable to pay as this breached the Notice to Keeper rules set out in the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 ( got the PCN 3 months after the offence)I.

They have responded as below and I don't know what to do. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks Shev

'Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN), the contents of which have been noted.

The Notice in question was issued without invoking the Protection of Freedoms Act.

In accordance with the DVLA and BPA rules, PCNs can be issued up to six months from the date of the parking contravention.

We apologise the Notice was not received in a timely manner, and whilst we appreciate that this Notice was issued later than the BPA AOS guidelines, such occurrences can occur due to a number of reasons, such as delays in receiving keeper information or a delay in data processing.

Please forward to us the full name and address of the driver at the time this charge was incurred so that we can update our records accordingly.

We are placing this Notice on hold for 14 days from the date of this email to allow you to provide the details requested.'
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th May 18, 9:57 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th May 18, 9:57 PM
    • 9th May 18, 9:57 PM
    Obviously you are going to win at POPLA...amazed you are asking what to do with that desperate letter!

Ignore the daft thing of course and wait for the rejection letter & POPLA code, where the keeper 100% wins.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 10,628 Posts
    • 11,017 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 9th May 18, 9:58 PM
    • 9th May 18, 9:58 PM
    You say they responded.

Responded to what?

Did you send an appeal?

If so, can you please post the wording of that appeal?

Do not respond to their question asking for the driver's details.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

134Posts Today

1,516Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin