Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gream0604
    • By gream0604 9th May 18, 9:01 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 5Thanks
    gream0604
    Getting House Viewings
    • 9th May 18, 9:01 PM
    Getting House Viewings 9th May 18 at 9:01 PM
    Just wondering if any critiques out there can have a look at our right move advert for our house.

Been on the market for a couple of weeks, but only had 2 viewings, which seems a bit slow to me?

------ UPDATE --------

So I have asked the agent to update some of the photos. It turns out that they took most of the ones that were missing, so not sure why they were not used?!

Also took some new ones of the garden after power washing the patio, moving the cable reel out the way, and adding a few pots, and tidying up the raised bed a bit.

They are in the process of renaming the photos, and I have also asked if we can advertise as a 3 bed with office/4th bedroom to try and capture more in the search results.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54106680.html

------ UPDATE 2 -------
    Thanks for all your comments guys. Done some more work over the weekend to the garden, including laying some artificial grass.

All new photos uploaded, and already had a viewing booked in since changing the photos!
    Last edited by gream0604; 14-05-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added update
Page 3
    • Cheeky_Monkey
    • By Cheeky_Monkey 11th May 18, 1:22 PM
    • 1,659 Posts
    • 3,417 Thanks
    Cheeky_Monkey
    I agree with others that it is definitely not a FTB house.

With 4 bedrooms, it's a family house but the garden is designed entirely for adults and not in the least bit child friendly.

Your rotary washing line looks to be very close to the seating so it looks like when it's full of washing, people have to sit with your smalls dangling above their head

Although I personally don't like town houses, I do think that yours is nicely presented (apart from the garden of course).

I also think it might be a mistake to advertise it as a 3 bed rather than 4.
    I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure
    • gream0604
    • By gream0604 11th May 18, 1:25 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gream0604
    Sorry but would only say it's marginally better - still very beige and rules out a lot of families which is who it should be appealing to. Needs dressing.

Can you also sort out the dead plant outside the front of the house? Didn't notice the yellow/green before on the storm porch (and roof - but that's not so obvious). Can it be cleaned off?
    Originally posted by hazyjo
    What dead plant out the front? There is a grass to the right of the door, and to the left is something that has just been planted and belongs to the neighbour.

I have also jet washed the porch roof to get rid of the moss, and we have put some hanging baskets out the front. Just need to retake the photo.
    • hazyjo
    • By hazyjo 11th May 18, 1:30 PM
    • 10,530 Posts
    • 13,701 Thanks
    hazyjo
    What dead plant out the front? There is a grass to the right of the door...
    Originally posted by gream0604
    Sorry, looked like a 'dead grass' to me. New pic will help
    2018 wins: Single Malt Whisky; theatre tickets; festival tickets; year of gin(!); shoes
    • need an answer
    • By need an answer 11th May 18, 2:02 PM
    • 434 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    need an answer
    To some extent I think it's price related simply because its a large estate on the edge of WSM.
    Within that estate you can get a reasonably similar age house 3 bed for 195000 which does lend the question of is your 4th bed worth the extra.

I agree you have the interior nicely done but again someone with vision could spend a similar amount on another home and have something to their exacting taste.

WSM is a funny area really as there is such a diversity of house styles and move away from the new houses and again you can get some bigger room sizes and gardens for the same price.

I'm still not convinced your house was ever destined to be marketed as a 4 bed.
    in S 31 T 21 F 42
    out S 42 T 25 F 32
    2017 -32
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 11th May 18, 2:46 PM
    • 9,436 Posts
    • 10,442 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    I think the photos are a big improvement. I'd give it a few weeks and then look at price. I don't know how well priced it is for the area but if nothing happens ina few more weeks it may be as dull as that.
    • gream0604
    • By gream0604 14th May 18, 11:14 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    gream0604
    Thanks for all your comments guys. Done some more work over the weekend to the garden, including laying some artificial grass.

All new photos uploaded, and already had a viewing booked in since changing the photos!

• Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 14th May 18, 1:58 PM
    • 6,080 Posts
    • 2,352 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Looks well presented, but the price seems to be edging up?
    • franklee
    • By franklee 14th May 18, 10:13 PM
    • 3,644 Posts
    • 3,897 Thanks
    franklee

Originally posted by gream0604
    LOL Personally don't like artificial grass either so it seems your garden is destined to be full if things I dislike but to be fair it looks better than it did in the original photos and at least it's now got some green! It's now easier to get a sense of size and I like your paving. The photos show it's quite a suntrap which will have broad appeal.

Having looked at the photos in nearby listings your internal shots are at the better end of the scale.

Hope you will let us know how you get on.
    • Gwendo40
    • By Gwendo40 15th May 18, 6:22 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 96 Thanks
    Gwendo40
    The most recent comparable sale is no.29 which sold in Jan for 210k, a semi, on a corner plot with a conservatory and a more usable garden, not sure how yours is worth 20k more than this one?
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 15th May 18, 8:27 AM
    • 5,199 Posts
    • 24,032 Thanks
    Slinky
    Is that the remains of where the conservatory was visible on the back wall around the door? Can you remove that? Also I'd wash the garage door (and the neighbouring ones) and retake that photo.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 15th May 18, 7:40 PM
    • 6,080 Posts
    • 2,352 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    The most recent comparable sale is no.29 which sold in Jan for 210k, a semi, on a corner plot with a conservatory and a more usable garden, not sure how yours is worth 20k more than this one?
    Originally posted by Gwendo40

Good question.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,993Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin